2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Sweet ride
By TiMmY on 02/12/06 11:15 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had this car for a couple months and I love it. It's fun to drive and has just the right amount of room. The only problem I've had is bad city gas mileage.

Great Car, Fun Ride.
By Doug White on 02/10/06 23:34 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Leaps and bounds above all the other cars in it's class right now. My only complaint would be the typical "plain" design on the interior that Chevy is famous for. Build quality seems improved over Chevy's of the past. My In-laws have an Impala SS and it's a couple of years old and haven't seen any of the Chevy-Famous Squeaks that usually pop up in older Chevy's. Good Car, Skip the Corolla & The Honda, pick up a Cobalt today, you'll be glad you did.

Very nice car for the money!
By brazz on 02/08/06 17:08 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Cobalt LS coupe (5 speed M) about a month ago, and I am very happy with the car. It has a lot of power and it drives nicely. The fuel economy with the first gas tank was not so good, but it has dramatically improved now (24 city/30 hwy). You can tell exactly how much fuel it is using because it has this computer feature. The manual transmission is a bit rough so if you are not a great manual fan, go for the automatic. Visibility is lower than in other cars, but IT IS a coupe and you can get used to it quite fast. Great car!!!

I Love My Chevy Cobalt!
By susan kreger on 02/06/06 10:06 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd lease with Chevy and this car is my favorite by far! I got a 2005 Chevy Cobalt LS with a stick and the car gives 150 percent. It's fun to drive, looks very sporty and the car never disappoints me. I get lots of complements on whoever sees it and each time I get in the car to drive it (no matter where) I am excited. The car is awesome!

Best Car Chevy Builds
By kyle86 on 02/02/06 16:10 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Needed something that was going to be better on gas but still looked great. Looked at Corrolla (don't like a 4 door), Civic (weird styling) and Scion Tc (just not impressed). Glad I stayed with Chevy and bought American! The car is such a huge improvement over the Cavalier you cannot even compare the two. The 2.4L engine is great off the line but I'm not the biggest fan of VVT (variable valve timing.) I just hit 6,000 miles and still not one concern. I did have it in the garage because the sunroof button fell out of the roof, a common problem according to the dealer.

My new little black car
By Jen on 01/31/06 21:25 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at Hondas and Mazda3 but ended up with a Cobalt. It's sporty, has good pick up and easy on the gas. Back seat nice size.Get the extra options. Sunroof, XM radio, white dials, cruise control, steering wheel radio controls, etc etc. It makes it feel even more like a luxury car.

Eval
By D*MuNNiE on 01/29/06 11:37 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had my Cobalt for less than 2 months. I love it. It has really quick acceleration, and the design of this car, doesn't say Cavalier AT ALL. I get compliments on it all the time. It's just a head turning car. Chevy definitely did a major step up from the way over cooked Cavalier! Right On CHEVY!

Cobalt looks and feels like a champ
By Steven on 01/28/06 20:50 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Compared to the Dodge Neon and the Focus I would give it a higher rating. The engine noise is not that loud to freak you out and the Focus does get more gas mileage but to my opinion I think the Focus is to little for me and the Cobalt feels more comfortable. The dash and controls don't feel like they're all bunched up into one little dsp

2005 Cobalt Ls Coupe
By jc24 on 01/22/06 09:11 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Its my first brand new car being a recent college graduate. Overall my Cobalt has been pretty good. No problems since I have purchased it. Standard horspeower is better then most others in its class for the price. Interior noise is low and it handles well on bumpy surfaces. I think all American automakers have made great strides in improving the quality of their cars and if your in the market for a new car check one of them out and support our economy.

Blew away all Expectations
By Lenny on 01/19/06 09:05 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving for over 35 years and have owned more new cars than I care to count. I bought the Cobalt after shopping around for a month or so. It was way ahead of anything in its price range. I have over 5,000 miles on it and have yet had to return to the dealer for anything but an oil change. It's solid with one of the best build qualities I've seen. I love this car. I bought the LT-2 in Ultra Silver and black leather interior. Everyone compliments me on how sporty she looks. It has every otption but power seats and all for under 19000 out the door. The electronic steering is a dream. The stereo blows away anything I've heard. I highly recommend this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.