2006 Cobalt
By OLD GUY on
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
Bought the little Cobalt in 06. Didn't know for sure then that gas prices would rampage out of control. The Cobalt was a good pick. There are other cars I would prefer but for the money and what you get the Cobalt is hard to beat. Zero problems. Never been back to the dealer. The engine and auto transmission rate high for GM. More than once I have dusted a BMW 3 for a fair distance. I can only imagine what an 09 with turbo would run like. It would have to be an asphalt scorcher. I'm 6 foot, 200 lbs. I fit fine. I would prefer the the seating a little higher. Easier for old guys like me with bad backs. I wouldn't use it for a long cross country trip. But many do.
Favorite Features
It's tight. Really good motor and trans. Simple. Affordable. Mileage as high as 37 on the hwy. Quick. Nimble. Great little around town sprinter. Zips thru traffic like squeezing a bar of wet soap. Solid transportation for a bargain price. No regrets!
Suggested Improvements
A little more compliance from the suspension. A little more aggressive exterior styling kind of BMW'ish like. Slightly better padding in the seats. Go back to the spin on type oil filer.