2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged - Consumer Reviews

SS 2.0L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (53 reviews )
I have owned 3 .. and LOVED them all!!!!
By KenyLee on 04/12/09 02:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I received my first 2005 Chevy Cobalt LS for graduation. I ended up getting t-boned by a Ford F-350 going 70 on my driver side.. totaled the Cobalt but i only had a few scratches and was good to go. Next was my 2006 Chevy Cobalt LTZ. 10 times better than the first.. I owned it for 2 yrs had 56000miles on it. i drove it from Georgia to Alaska and had not ONE problem with it the whole time. i ended up trading it in for a 2006 Chevy Cobalt SS supercharged.. i wanted something sporty yet reliable and safe. this was it.. i love it and have had no problems with it yet!

Streetable Track Car
By Brian on 03/05/09 17:24 PM (PST)

One of the best cars I've owned. I use it as my daily driver and weekend racer. I get 30 mpg on the freeway and 25 in town. I avg. about 27 mpg combined. Stock it has great power, track ready suspension, nice clean shifting gear box, good stereo- almost good enough to blow out the windows,comfy Recaro race buckets. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a sporty but gas friendly car or for road racing/ autocross. I also recommend upgrading it to the GMPP stage 2 kit for increased power.

One of the best cars I've had
By souprdog on 10/07/08 15:55 PM (PDT)

I've had this car for about 2 months now and I think the Cobalt SS (5 speed) is very under-rated among the other cars in its class and price range. With a stock engine pushing 205hp the car is very reliable. The day after I bought the Cobalt I drove 1100 just stoping to fill up for gas. In a month I put over 2000 miles on the car. Ihe interior is average for the size of the car. It does have a pretty big trunk. Also the factory Pioneer audio system with the sub was a very nice touch. The only problem that I had with the car was if you pump octane 83 gas on it (like I did) and drive for about 7-8 hrs the car will feel shaky like it's not getting enough fuel so I stick with pumping it with 91 octane

Fun drive
By Beau2006 on 07/10/08 12:54 PM (PDT)

Car is a blast to drive although if it had a little more power, it would be even better. I am sure it would be worth the extra money to buy the new 2009 turbo with 260hp. The 2006 Super Charged is fun with 205hp. It gets great gas mileage and seems to pull well on the top end. The interior is roomy for the front but if you have the seats all the way back, the back seat would be a little cramped. What can I say, its a coupe. I have a blue Cobalt and the paint seems to be of good quality.

Do not buy!
By chevy_3948 on 05/08/08 18:14 PM (PDT)

I bought the car June 30 2006, I was so excited to get it, I traded my 2006 VW Jetta 2.5 for it. The day I bought it, it went in to the shop for the first time with me found out later it had been in the shop previous to me buying it. It has had probably almost $10,000 in work done to it. It has had and O2 sensor, PCM, 6 radios, HVAC controls, 3 valve cover gaskets, pass. window switch, Supercharger, tranny, clutch, drivers side drive axle, interior trim pieces from peeling, exterior temp sensor, rear bowtie, the rims are corroding and I'm sure there is more I lost track though.

Awesome Car
By Kingston SS on 02/08/08 17:00 PM (PST)

Awesome Car for the price you pay. Excellent performance in the high- revs, this thing is a Civic killer. Most other small cars had better watch out.. as fast if not faster then a V6 Mustang. Tires wear quickly but have ultra-hard sidewalls and will take alot of punishment. I hit a curb going 50kph on a turn and took out a chunk of rubber the size of a nickel, no cord, nothing. barelly a scratched rim. Awesome car.

Cobalt SS Supercharged
By Littlegoose on 12/26/07 07:08 AM (PST)

Fun to drive. Quick. Great daily driver. Supercharger sounds awesome. GM offers performance upgrades.

Bang for the Buck
By brad on 11/08/07 00:08 AM (PST)

This car is the ultimate bang for the buck. Great performance, great gas mileage, great style, and all under 20 grand. I picked mine up new for 19K. Couldn't have found a better choice for points all over the board.

Update to 1/14/06 Review
By Evan on 11/05/07 23:29 PM (PST)

After 29500+ miles, this car has been excellent. PROS: Performance, passing in 3rd gear. The seats have worn nicely, I still get 30mpg on the hwy and avg 24 on my mixed daily commute. When you're really racing it though, expect 8-14mpg. Maintenance is ok, $95 for Schedule I, $130 for Schedule II at the Chevy dealer. CONS: Stock tires wore out at 18k and there's only 5 or 6 tires you can replace them with. Glove box plastic-rub rattle is annoying, same with squeak in int. LR quarter panel. MI/OH roads beat up you (and the car) with the stiff suspension.

Love my Cobalt
By Jim H on 08/03/07 21:30 PM (PDT)

Great little car as a daily driver. Sunroof occasionally squeaks, also have a squeaky noise somewhere around the left rear side window. No problems in over a year and a half. Good factory performance, though I just ordered a cold air intake to replace the restrictive factory intake to try and eliminate throttle lag. Very comfortable and easy to drive, I’ve had no problems with blind spots with the exception of the high profile wing blocking a significant portion of the rear view. Mirrors are plenty big for side blind spots if you lean forward slightly.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.