2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Control Arm
By Annie on 08/23/10 14:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The front end I going out. It needs a new control arm passenger window keeps moving slower and slower. So it needs a new control arm because the bushings went at 35,000 miles and the dealership refuses to fix it.

Bad Car!
By Cody on 07/27/10 22:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Well I bought it hoping for it to be my "reliable vehicle". Just after I bought it the sensors kept setting something off and making it kill. Now the front end I going out. It needs a new control arm. Then slowly the passenger window kept moving slower and slower and now will not move. Then my whole sunroof switch fell out 1 day. The car is crap. So I am not at all avoiding the problems that I wanted to. This vehicle is just creating more. It should've had many more recalls. I used to really like Chevrolet, but now I'm not so sure I will buy one once again.

Cobalt Review
By Maurer.139 on 07/26/10 15:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Besides the brakes needing to be replaced I have never had a problem with this car. It looks nice and it drives well.

Cobalts are JUNK
By PA Cobalt Owner on 06/16/10 17:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Was happy with the car for the first couple of weeks, but since it has been nothing but a headache. All sorts of problems including door locks trapping us in or out of car, serious vibrations when driving, cheap and fast-wearing interior, manual tranny problems, leaking sunroof, and headlight issues.

Just bought mine used 2.4 L
By liltrey on 05/27/10 20:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought this used. I've had it for about 3 weeks now and nothing has gone wrong yet just noticed that the passenger window rolls up slower than the driver side. No biggy just hope the window motor doesn't go bad. Good sized 4 cyl got some get up and go. Like the sounds system, it's good for being stock. The only thing I want to do to this car is put in a turbo kit and she will fly.

Here's mine
By mike on 05/25/10 08:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought an 06 LS coupe Dec 2005. With in 1½ year had 80,000 miles on it ( a lot of free way driving). MPG is 25 city, 36 highway. At 89K CEL light on - was an old hose. Replaced it (cost $20 for a 2 inch hose). Now, getting 30 MPG city and right over 40 highway. Interior could be better, at 115K, still on original rotors, shoes, pads, shocks, exhaust & clutch. Last dealer check shows no issues with any of them. Had 2 recalls on it so far. Paid $12K for it and was worth it!

Not bad so far.
By skypfry550 on 05/21/10 17:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the vehicle four years now. I declined to return it after the four year Smart Buy. I'll own it in three more years. 50,000 miles on it. No problems whatsoever except for the radio, which I had to replace at about 40,000 miles. It's been very reliable. I took a leap of faith by keeping it. I hope not to encounter any major problems before it hits 100,000 so I'm gonna continue keeping it serviced regularly and take it easy out there.

Cobalt delivers
By Al on 05/01/10 19:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Cobalt is a great value, handles well, gets up and goes. Mileage is excellent. I'm over 6' and there's plenty of room for me. I love the coupe styling and there's plenty of room for my tools and materials in the trunk. Constantly surprised what I fit in there. I would buy another given a second chance.

cobalts arent so bad ,tc;s crash bad
By michael on 04/27/10 02:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i bought an 06 cobalt and tricked it out for my niece,i liked the car and wanted to keep it ,it getws knocks from really dumb journalists,,its so quiiet it needs a light to tell you its on ,hates poor roads,would like iraqi roads,bush and arnold are anti safe roads,any way it has lambogina paint and 18 in chromes,looks very expensive ,im inntoit 9850....

Great car overalll but could be better
By Rich on 04/20/10 07:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got this to replace my old pickup, I think its a great car for the price. Went on a 1100 mile road trip, gas mileage ended up being 40.1 mpg on highway. I fit more than I know in the truck during my travel and performance only decreased on hills. I've had to replace the control arms and wheel bearings shortly after I got so I'm assuming the last driver drove it hard. Luckily under my warranty. The thing I'm not about is the interior quality. I replaced the stereo to allow iPod integration. The seats stain easily. I feel like I may break some pieces of plastic when I clean. Overall, I cant complain. I've put ~15,000 miles on it and its a fun car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.