Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Great coupe
By jorge gutierrez

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I loved this car since the first time I drove off the lot. I love the aceleration, and I never had a problem with it. I just love this Chevy.

Favorite Features

XM satellite, mounted controls on steering wheel, mp3 player, sunroof

Suggested Improvements

A little more storage.

My hot car!
By Kim

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I love it. I have a traveling job so I spend a lot of time in my car. My father is a mechanic and he typically is a "Ford guy", but he really liked the run of this model, which is a good sign to me! Due to my job, good gas mileage was the main reason for my choice with this car, it's an added perk that it has so many other good qualities. One thing is for sure, my friends never turn down a chance to drive it!

Favorite Features

The look in general, all controls on the steering wheel, plenty of back seat leg room, a good size trunk, and I really like the style of the seats too.

Suggested Improvements

Power seats would be nice.

Surprising Quality and Fun!
By George P

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've never owned a GM car before and I bought this car because 'the price was right' after my GM card earnings. After 2 weeks, I am impressed with interior design and how quiet the car is. Manual shifting and acceleration are quick and smooth. Gas mileage is good, 30+ in mixed driving, but GM needs to offer higher mileage vehicles to compete with Japanese manufacturers. Overall, a very good car at a competetitive price. I would like more options to be made available, not necessarily packaged.

Favorite Features

Driver information center, with fuel economy, outside temp, etc. Exterior styling, in the laser blue metallic, attracts attention!

Suggested Improvements

Music system sound quality is not balanced. Visibility problems: Rear spoiler blocks some of your rear view. Small back window & headrest almost entirely block my left sideview when I look over my shoulder to change lanes. Curved hatch glass reflects light, affecting visibility.

Love it, love it, love it
By eddie moreno

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

A very smooth ride, great acceleration, awesome fuel economy (28-31 mpg) A very comfortable & reliable vehicle. I am very impressed with Chevy. Great job guys. Great price also!

Favorite Features

Acceleration, fuel economy, extremely smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

None, you guys did a great job!

I Love My Cobalt
By KIMZEN

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My car feels so sturdy and well made when I drive it because it is so quiet! I really love the circle "motif" with the rear lights and especially the chrome circled gages! I think they need to advertise it more because not too many people know about just how good it is- people might think that it is just a Cavalier with a different name!

Favorite Features

The shape and the dash and the chrome inside door handles.

Suggested Improvements

It is difficult to see out of the back window because of the angle. I wish the front grille had the strip of chrome behind the gold chevy symbol on all models because it would add a lot more class. Needs a place to store cd's besides in the glovebox (like in a new arm rest)!