Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

LT Coupe w/automatic poor mileage
By richard dallas

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in my 2003 Cavalier for this Cobalt. After reviewing all information on competitors, foreign and domestic, found this to be the best for the money. I got it loaded with all the bells and whistles including leather interior, XM radio with Pioneer sound system and the automatic transmission. It is by far the most fun car I have ever driven! It's sporty and fun to drive with the tightest turning circle,easy to park. My only complaint so far is the poor gas mileage. I am only averaging 19-20mpg. I only do city driving though.

Love the leather interior. Great if you have animals, easy to clean. Great fun to drive.

Larger access to cavernous trunk

2006 Chevy Cobalt
By greenlaven

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very affordable. Gas is great if you drive between 55-65. I usually drive behind big trucks to get my money worth (more mile per gallon). Comfort is great and quite inside. Haven't driven the super sport, but they do look fun to drive. I almost purchase the Aveo until the dealer showed me the new Cobalt. Why not for a few bucks more? This car almost look like a Japanese car and there are lots of aftermarket parts that will make this car look real good. Overall I am very pleased with its looks and performance.

Possible savior to GM?
By Joe Gerard

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is certainly an upgrade over the cheaper-looking Cavalier. Gas mileage is excellent. Depending on where you get gas at, you can get close to 400 miles on a full tank, and it doesn't cost much to fill up. It has a large trunk. It's certainly a fast car, closest thing to a Honda Civic out there. It's no wonder this is one of GM's best-selling vehicles right now. Considering all of the plant closings right now, I think GM was smart in upgrading the Lordstown, Ohio assembly plant, because this vehicle could end up as the savior to the world's largest automaker.

XM satellite radio, the fuel economy, and the info button that tells you how many miles you have left on gas.

The 2.2 L ECOTEC four is a little noisy. Other than that, no complaints.

MPG not what it's billed to be
By Mike

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I loved the style and shape. The car was purchased for my daughter who is 16 and will need a car through college. I preferred a Civic (have one), but couldn't afford another right now. Everything about the car pleases me so far except the mileage. I am averaging 18-20 in town and only got 29 on the highway. I hope the mileage improves. If not, I would not have bought it for that reason alone.

Shape and color. Sporty drive and smooth ride.

Seats a bit too hard, would like to see softer ones. A little striping on the sides would add flair too!

No complaints
By Dennis

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

For the money (with rebate = $11,700 with a rear spoiler the only option), I am very happy with this car. I'm getting 34 mpg, and I have enough acceleration when I need it. I'm getting too old to drive crazy, so this car is fine. It's got a solid ride for a coupe and looks great. The onboard trip computer is awesome too. For the money, you can't go wrong on this car. I'd have preferred going with a Civic or Corolla, but take the nameplate off this Chevy and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. And this car looks better to boot.

Fuel economy, solid street looks, trip computer

Lacks an armrest