Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

I love my car
By rlinden86

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had my car for 2 months, but I love it already. The only thing is, it seems like they built it too quickly and cheap. But I love the design and I got a great deal on it.

Air conditioning. MP3/CD is the best. Power windows and locks. Remote keyless entry

Push button start would be kind of neat

2006 LS
By fcloud

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The car is very well built. The initial quality is way better than I expected from any GM vehicle. I am pleasantly surprised by the vehicle.

The taillights on the coupe are a home run!

The stick is too far back. This shifter is too close to the driver and just doesn't feel right.

Go American
By mr_comfort31

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at all the other small cars in this class and the Cobalt shined. The Kia's and Hyundai's I drove had no guts and felt very shaky. Honda and Toyota are expensive and aren't what they're billed to be. The Chevy has a great engine and tranny. The auto holds gears much longer than expected, and it can move onto the highway with no problem. The inside is well appointed also. The auto headlights are a plus, and so is the sound and climate controls. The little bits of chrome arounf the controls is a good finisher. The thing looks great after a wash and wax. GM did a great job here.

The 2.2L I4, auto lights, MPG(32.5 and I drive highway and city mixed), sound system

Wish they standardized all the power equipment on the LS, but I'll live.

Great Value
By azdiva

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Perfect car for Arizona driving. Good at 85mph. Quiet, good defensive car on city freeways. Brakes, handling, and power A/C very good in stopped traffic at 115F. Good engineering. Read up and do your research. If Toyota made the worst car in the world, people would stand up to buy them. Cobalt SS is underated by far. The 2.4 ecotec is state of technology excellence

17" wheels, handling, power, 4 discs, stiff suspension. Good driving car city and highway. Convenience features galore

Antenna has to go somewhere else.

Brand New Car!
By Shay

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We just purchased the Cobalt. My husband and I picked the Cobalt for the look and ride. We got a great deal on it and so far we love it! I hope it holds up good for the long run. But for right now it's fun to drive, gets good gas mileage, and is very cute! We love it! I love the little info button that tells you everything!

The gas mileage. The info button and the look of the car inside and out. The price.

I need an arm rest. Other than that, nothing!