Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

LT COUPE 5 SPEED 2.2L ECOTEC inline 4
By Eric Struebel

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehical cause chevy seems to always have the most reliable vehical. The power the 2.2 puts out, but a little more wouldnt hurt! The shifter is to close to the driver, but has a nice short shift package. The emergancy brake is ok if you dont have the armrest console in the middle of the car, you cant use the ebrake when parking without dumping everything inside the console. The seats are Not to comfortable for long drives more than a hour, but for short trips and to work its ok. I was impressed with the stereo, sounds wonderful, also liked the controls for it on the stearing wheel. Trunk is big,opening to small. I had to put a clutch in already at 12800miles, wasnt happy!!!

Favorite Features

Car gets good gas milage,stereo controls on wheel, Extremly peppy for a 2.2 inline 4, nice 5speed trans,gears are close together, Great warrenty,(covered clutch) like the gauges, like how the information center works and info displayed is relevent,the alarm,pass theft 3 system, and the 8 airbags.

Suggested Improvements

Better Seats, figure out why it hops when it wet out even when gental on throtle, cant adjust seats while door is shut(need to open it just to adjust),To much plastic under hood, noticed that the passengerside front bumper by headlight is miss aligned on all cobalts,Even NEW. Move shifter up farther

Great For The Price You Pay
By Biggie B

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is by no means one for someone who loves to race on the street, but is an excellent choice for the money that you spend on. I got mine for invoice, and $10,000 dollars for a 6 year waranty is well worth the money. Say goodbye to car repair with this sweet deal. I love this car

Favorite Features

The manual 5 speed transmission is really geared well with a topping out speed of 107 (govenor kicks in)

Suggested Improvements

Faster acceleration is the only drawback of the LS model, even though it has a bigger engine.

Cobalt LS 2dr
By Kevin

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My Cobalt has been a decent car for the past 6000 miles I've driven it. Gets great gas mileage! Only thing is now, the engine chugs between 2500 and 3500 rpm. I'm going to take it in to check it out. The car has lots of trunk space, but has a very small trunk opening, so you can only fit rather small boxes into the trunk, which confuses me.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, 5 spd manual, bright lights, design of panels.

Suggested Improvements

Make trunk opening much bigger so we can utilize that trunk space! More engine power on base model.

My Cobalt SS Victory Red
By Teddy Melendez

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I use this car for work. In 9 months I have drove over 26k miles. This car has been worth every penny. It's great on gas, handling, and performance as I drive all over the state of Florida for my job. I would recommend this car. I'm in the market to improve the 2.4 Ecotec engine.

Favorite Features

Handling, performance, and looks.

Suggested Improvements

GM should back the 2.4 Ecotec with more performance parts.

Way cool car
By fire61765

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best sporty car I have owned. I would not want to get any other car. The power is great. The fuel mileage is great. Mine is at 32 miles per gal. It's fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Sporty car. You can make changes due to may things you can upgrade.

Suggested Improvements

None