Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews - 141 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

I love this car
By ncpjr2

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love to drive this car. For a 4 banger it has a lot of get up and go. The car has a nice layout and handles great.

Everything

Take the plastic off that covers the engine because I want to get some more power out of that four banger

Not a great car.. very dissapointing
By Ashley

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for one year and in the last month I have had to take it to the dealership 5 times. Each time the dealership is unable to find what the problem is. The problems range from shifter column malfunction, stalling, poor gas mileage, sluggish to drive, broken CD player, needed a new heating and cooling system, key gets stuck in the ignition, car wont shift from park to drive, foul odor from vents when heat or vents are used.

Stylish, but there's a reason it's cheap
By pkbjw

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We have put about 5500 miles on it now and we are pleased with it's gas mileage, 30 mpg average, and we like the look of the car. It is reasonably comfortable, although being a small car, it can get uncomfortable on those long trips. The ride is average and the handling is above average for the class. Now for the bad news. It's cheap. I'm not just talking about price either. The sheetmetal on the doors is very thin. Don't lean too hard on them or you'll be going to the body shop. Also the interior has a tendency to fall apart. Nothing has broken or flaked off on ours yet, but I have seen several Cobalts with interiors that are falling apart at 30,000 miles. I'm worried.

Handles well. Stylish. Fantastic gas mileage

Very thin sheetmetal (exterior). Flimsy materials used in the interior

Excellent Compact
By Tyler

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Cobalt beats its competitors in nearly every way, except fuel economy, which still isn't bad at all. The engine is incredibly smooth, quiet, and powerful. Extremely high sophistication for its class. Automatic tranny is superb, as per usual for GM. Interior design and construction are greatly improved for Chevy and is generally excellent, though materials could be nicer. Handling is about average but the ride is amazing. Great room for a coupe, comfortable seats, a ridiculously large list of standard features, and great availability and affordabilty of optional features rounds out an excellent package. Have owned this car for half a year with no problems and on a college budget. Must buy

Wonderful engine/transmission. Driver information center, huge trunk, great interior. Nice styling. Highly affordable. Sophisticated for class. Great option packages easily available. Nice ride, decent handling. Overall value in class

Fuel economy at the lower end of class. VVT on 2.2L engine would help greatly. Trunk lid is small. Would be greatly improved as a liftback, a la Scion tC and 4th gen Camaro. Use of better interior materials. Why no three spoke steering wheel? Even the Corolla has one. No aux. input jack until '07

My Sunburst Orange Cobalt LT
By maverickkat

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I went to the dealership to pick up my Cobalt I was unsure of what color I wanted, but when I saw the orange it was mine. I left the dealership with three miles on my car. I have had a few problems with my car. I have had to have the windsheild replaced as well as the shifter and had to have some body work done. The windshield has no weather stripping so moisture gets underneath. The keys to my car would get stuck in the ignition so the whole shifting unit had to be replaced. As for the body work the headlights on my car were not lined up properly so the bumper was rubbing on the headlights causeing the paint to scrape off my bumper.

I love the color of my car. I also love the gas mileage I get. Also, the sound system is nice.

A larger trunk opening space. You cannnot fit a cooler in the opening. Also, it doesnt fit through the seats folding down in the back.