2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Not what I thought
By Stacy on 09/22/05 14:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Although I initially loved the look of the car, I'm highly disappointed with the lack of visibility due to the high back and large blind spot on the driver's side. I feel unsafe driving the Cobalt because of this design. For the interior, the vents are poorly designed so that passengers do not get the air, either hot or cool, from them and this affects the defroster too. The pick-up and braking are great but the car could be lighter to improve gas mileage. My old Cavalier still gets better gas mileage than the Cobalt.

2.4L SS is best
By Jeff804 on 09/18/05 10:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a acceptable car. My Jeep Cherokee (inline 6 cly) was only getting 14 mpg. I needed better mpg. for my 50 mile daily commute. Right now I am avg. 28mpg. and expect that to go up as engine is broken in. This car has some pep but nothing as exciting as Mitsubishi or Acura. Performance is good. Comfort is good for 100 miles but, I would not want to take a 500 mile trip in this car. Fun- to-Drive, the manual transmission was a lot more fun to drive than the automatic. It just felt like it had more "omph" in the manual trans. car. The SS supension is a lot of fun on winding turns but, big pot holes are definitely felt. Lt version suspension was much better for "in town" daily driving.

The "Zoom Zoom" of the American Cars
By Jeff Howard,Cpt,USAr on 09/07/05 17:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My expectations were not high at the outset when I purchased my new Cobalt LS. I thought I was buying another Chevy Cavalier for the good gas mileage. I was very wrong. Cobalt LS 2 door is beautiful to look at and fun to drive. The ride is exceptional and the handling is finer than any sports car I've ever driven. Accelleration is quick and braking is smooth and accurate. As for the gas mileage? I was expecting high 20s in the city and about 32 on the highway. Not so! I get a little heavy in the foot at times and still get 30-32 mpg in the city. On the highway? Step back! I'm consistently getting 37-38 mpg. WOW! Every seat is comfortable, and for a tall man, how could I possibly be happier? I've not found any room for improvement on a job well done. I've owned Fords, Buicks, Dodge cars and trucks, Chrysler cars and convertibles, Merkur Scorpios (very impressive car), and driven cars and trucks of every description. I've always found fault somewhere. Not so on the Chevy Cobalt coupe.

Great Car
By jkm777 on 09/07/05 09:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought my Cobalt LS on Aug. 30th and so far I'm really inpressed with this cars build quality. Iv'e owed 3 Hondas in the past and this Chevy really says something about GM's desire to compete with the foreign cars. Great styling, good gas mileage, great acceleration. Fit and finish is second to none. Very quiet & smooth ride.

2.4L SS is sweet!
By Quick SS on 08/30/05 14:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

What a sweet car! The new Cobalt is a GREAT improvment over the Cavalier. The Cobalt has great looks inside and out is is really fun to drive. Have the first SS in the area and I'm getting all the looks!

06 Cobalt
By Doug on 08/27/05 16:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am impressed with the quiet ride of this car. I own 2 other Chevrolets and this one is the best riding car of them all. It is very solid and for a car in this price range, I am impressed. I bought it for fuel economy, and on my first long trip of about 500 miles, got over 32 mpg. I bought the stick shift and it is smooth and fun to drive.

Excellent vehicle for getting the girls
By Red Cobalt LS ohya on 08/09/05 15:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Its certainly not a Cavalier! This car is great, handles like a dream, and kept me out of quite a few accidents while driving too fast for conditions. Would definitely recommend buying one.

Cobalt Review
By Daniel on 08/06/05 21:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The new Chevy Cobalt is an awesome car. It has great handling as well as some real get up and go. It out does V6 Mustangs and other cars with that kind of power. it has had some kinks like the E-brake light flashing on and off for no reason. Chevy realized it was a simple error in the car computer and fixed it. Both my interior door handles broke but all of that was covered in the warrenty. Overall, the new Cobalt is a fun car to drive. I am happy with the work GM put into this car.

Call it a Cavalier, No Comparison
By Itsnotacavalier on 07/25/05 18:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great mileage, powerful 4 cyl. I absolutelyy recomend the Pioneer Sound for a measly $150.00. Could use a little less body roll. but that is easily fixed. Excellent ride, quiet, great interior, White face gauges are quite nice. This is the best small car for the money. Electric steering rocks. Interior fabric has a spendy sport car feel!!

My Cobalt
By a. dicicco on 07/17/05 10:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

In general, I am happy with my Cobalt. Handling is good and the ride is decent. Would like to see a little more sound suppresion for road noise.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.