2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
2005 Cobalt Ls Coupe
By jc24 on 01/22/06 09:11 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Its my first brand new car being a recent college graduate. Overall my Cobalt has been pretty good. No problems since I have purchased it. Standard horspeower is better then most others in its class for the price. Interior noise is low and it handles well on bumpy surfaces. I think all American automakers have made great strides in improving the quality of their cars and if your in the market for a new car check one of them out and support our economy.

Blew away all Expectations
By Lenny on 01/19/06 09:05 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving for over 35 years and have owned more new cars than I care to count. I bought the Cobalt after shopping around for a month or so. It was way ahead of anything in its price range. I have over 5,000 miles on it and have yet had to return to the dealer for anything but an oil change. It's solid with one of the best build qualities I've seen. I love this car. I bought the LT-2 in Ultra Silver and black leather interior. Everyone compliments me on how sporty she looks. It has every otption but power seats and all for under 19000 out the door. The electronic steering is a dream. The stereo blows away anything I've heard. I highly recommend this car.

Don't listen to the negative press...
By Cobalt_fan on 01/05/06 18:07 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I started car shopping by looking at and driving everything I could get my hands on. I wanted to spend as little as possible and get a substantial car. I drove a lot of cars. I even drove a Civic. I'm sick of hearing how great a Civic is! The Cobalt drives great for a lot less, especially with GM rebates factored in. I guess if the car was the same price as the Civic, I would be more forgiving. But this Cobalt can be bought for less (thousands), and is just a great car all around. For the money, the Cobalt is a good buy. Honda is doing just fine. Throw GM a bone, they finally have given us a good small car that can be proudly called American.

Wow
By Sean Jonas on 12/29/05 13:47 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven literally hundreds of cars, and this Cobalt has the quietest interior of all. Combine that with the MUST HAVE pioneer stereo system, the electronic assist steering and the constant looks with the Blue Granite paint, what you get is the best car in the price range period. Fantastic cornering, is one feature North American cars have been lacking but not in the Cobalt. Fun Fun Fun

2006 Cobalt SS coupe, victory red
By Brian on 12/14/05 00:54 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So far my experience with this vehicle has been great. It is fast, great on gas, and rides much better than I ever thought an American car would. Prior to this car I had always bought foreign cars but this vehicle blew mw away with its quality and performance for the price.

So Far Love It!
By Vin on 12/04/05 08:53 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I owned many new cars over my life. The Cobalt had one of the best build qualities of any of them. The Cobalt is a very solid well built car, GM has there act together on this one. I've owned it for 2 months now and have yet to find anything wrong. The car's ride is solid, the interior is very comfortable and the fuel economy is averaging 24 city 31 hwy. I'm not complaining since my last car was averaging 13. The MP-3 stereo with the pioneer speaker system has a sound that has to be heard. I could drive this car for hours. It's fun to drive and very sporty to look at. The trunk is enormous. I would suggest the Cobalt to anyone looking for a solid car.

I like it
By Dennis on 12/04/05 06:55 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a little better gas mileage than my 99 Taurus, and since I work for a Chevy dealer the Cobalt was my choice. I really like my SS so far(pretty low miles at this point). I was worried about visibility out the back, but it hasn't been a problem. Visibility is one of my biggest complaints about GM cars in general. I drove A LS for a week before getting my SS. I was suprised how different the two models are. The LT rides better and is far quieter on the road, so if this is important to you I would drive them both before buying. The Cobalt drives and feels like a bigger car. My gas mileage at 400 miles is 24.9. not too bad, but hoping it goes up a little. very nice car.

Poor Gas Mileage
By Don stroud on 11/15/05 03:17 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Gas mileage is poor from 19.6 miles to the gallon in city driving.To 23 miles to the gallon driving on the open road.

Great second car
By John on 10/17/05 23:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my gas guzzler after gas topped $3 a gallon. I needed a car that averaged atleast mid 20's to a gallon. After some serching and not wanting a 4 door the cobalt was my choice. I got the LT version for 18,000 including taxes. So far the car has performed well, but did have a paint peeling issue on the front bumper, which they repaired. There is nothing to jump up and down for on this car, it's transportation. It's basic wheels.

Yee-Haw
By nitehawk on 10/17/05 10:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought my Cobalt SS over the weekend, so haven't had it long enough to give it a true rating on gas mileage or reliabilty. That being said, car is great looking and fun to drive, and for what you get, the price can't be beat. Not an econobox, roomy interior (I'm 6 ft tall) up front, good handling and performance. Pioneer 200 watt stereo with sub-woofer is awesome. Good sized trunk, sunroof, this car has everything. With my trade- in (98 Mustang conv. V-6) GM rebate ($1000) and dealer discount, drove it away for $16,400.....unbeleivable. One note, I noticed that Chevy says the center console-armrest is not an option on this model (only on the LT & LTZ), yet mine has one?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.