Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Good so far
By Jeff

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking at all the usuals. But I could not afford a VW, the Mazda only had like a 2yr 24,000 warranty, the Toyota dealer would not give me the time of day, and the Accent was too small. So between the Focus and Cobalt the Cobalt won. Mine is stripped, no add ons. Good ride, but cheap tires. Getting 30-33 MPG. Decent interior, but cheap plastic on the door sills. Big trunk. Roomy for a compact car. 11,000 miles on it and no problems except for a flat tire. Had a bit of molded rubber on the bead, dealer fixed. It will get out of its own way, but not a hot hatch. Can't beat the price

Favorite Features

Price. Roomy for a compact. Big trunk. Good ride. Decent MPG A lot of car for the money.

Suggested Improvements

Handle to lift trunk. Cheap tires. Grainy plastic on window sills, my elbow hates it. Shifter (5 spd) is just OK

Arrival blue, SS coupe
By Katiebug12199

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my Cobalt. I've had it for 5 months now. I came from a Honda Civic and never imagined I'd afford a car with this much power. People stop me to tell me how much they love the car and the color. I drove it from MD to TN with no problems. It's had minor issues with the shifter and rotors but the car had been sitting for a while before I bought it and it was fixed right away for me. It's fun and sporty. All my friends want to drive it but I'm not ready to get out of the driver's seat yet. I can't wait to personalize it with some aftermarket parts. I started out years ago in an 89' Cavalier Z24 that was passed on to me and hope this one lasts just as long.

Favorite Features

The color, the wheels, the stereo, the overall look and feel of it. I've never owned a "new" car before but the technology amazes me. Chevy is a good brand name.

Suggested Improvements

I'm only getting 21mpg in the city.On a road trip it got up to 28mpg hwy but dropped back down when I returned.It can't make tight turns.As little as it is you'd think it would spin right around. Also, the view out the back is horrible. I'm always afraid of hitting something. The front end is too plain.

2006 Chevy Cobalt LT
By Bowtieboy50

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love everything about this car. I bought this car and put 20% tints on it and it looks real good.

Favorite Features

I love the exterior design of the car. Great lines. I also like the 2 tone seats

Suggested Improvements

Need more of a wheel selection

My '06 Cobalt LS
By Chad Wood

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for 5 months now and love it. It is very sporty, and stylish. It moves pretty quick, and gets great gas mileage. It has a pretty good sound system, for a factory setup. I like the idea of the driver information center, which is easy to use. I haven't had any problems so far. It has plenty of legroom even for us tall people. My sister has an '05 Cavalier, and it has absolutly no legroom at all. It is a major improvement over the Cavalier, and better looking too. I would recommend this car to anyone, looking for a sporty car that's good on gas.

Favorite Features

Great acceleration, good sound system, great gas mileage. Plenty of legroom for compact coupe. Driver Information Center. Great looks.

Suggested Improvements

Standard power windows and locks, and keyless entry would be nice. Other than that, everything else is great.

I love this car
By ncpjr2

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love to drive this car. For a 4 banger it has a lot of get up and go. The car has a nice layout and handles great.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Take the plastic off that covers the engine because I want to get some more power out of that four banger