Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

junk
By unknown

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

dont buy!!! this car is junk my brakes never stop squeaking dealers cant explain. no room in car for anything seats stain with rain water windows dont roll down all the time airbag light on for no reason...drivers side door handle fell off...my dome light hangs down now cant get it back in!!! total garbage...my 2004 malibu rocked compared to this car

Favorite Features

nothing

Suggested Improvements

everthing

Just bought mine used 2.4 L
By liltrey

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought this used. I've had it for about 3 weeks now and nothing has gone wrong yet just noticed that the passenger window rolls up slower than the driver side. No biggy just hope the window motor doesn't go bad. Good sized 4 cyl got some get up and go. Like the sounds system, it's good for being stock. The only thing I want to do to this car is put in a turbo kit and she will fly.

Favorite Features

acceleration. nice red color, sound system, body style and stance, 18" rims

Suggested Improvements

steering, doesn't handle as well as the 07 jetta i had (before i totaled the jetta) should be hyd assisted instead of electric

Great Car
By blizbiggy

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my car early spring of 2011 with 101K miles on it. So far I have replaced the front brakes and rotors and the business I bought it off of put a bran new clutch in it. I have put 20K on it myself this past year. Reliability is great and mileage is great with a nice get-up-and-go. Currently in colder weather at 32.5MPG and got 35.5MPG during this past summer. The only issues with the car so far being the sunroof track broke and that the stereo display is dying (got a kenwood double-din to pop in it). The buttons for the display also are kinda cheap and you have to press it just right to make it change.

Favorite Features

Nice get-up-and-go. Was a good sounding stereo while it lasted. Automatic windows Great fuel economy Plenty of room even for a small car

Suggested Improvements

Better track mechanism for the sunroof. Make the darn thing out of metal for heavens sake so this crap doesn't shatter/break.

Not too sastified
By dstevens1204

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i own a 2006 chevy cobalt lt coupe for 2 years now. pretty much, the main problem is that the cd player never want to work, the engine light keep coming off and on.

Favorite Features

exterior

Bad Experience
By twittybird

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchase my Cobalt in 2006 brand new, I had problems every since, my power steering went out, and my ignition key would not release unless I stuck my finger in the whole the dealer made available for me to release my key from the ignition.

Favorite Features

I have no favorite features at all.

Suggested Improvements

Only suggestion, i need GM to offer me a coupon to purchase another vehicle, i cannot sell this vehicle and get any money off of it. Since i own this vehicle, its been 2 recalls and people have lost their lives.