2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
1 year old and 18000 miles
By Bill on 03/04/06 05:19 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just hit 18000 miles and have yet to return to the dealer for anything other than oil changes. I drive from White Plains to NYC daily, approx 120 miles. This car is solid as a rock. I traded in an Elantra for this and the difference is night and day. The Cobalt feeling like a much more expensive car. I get compliments all the time on how sporty she looks. It's comfortable, and feels much bigger than it is. No leaks, squeaks and any other annoying problems.If I had to complain about anything it would be the gas milage. For it's size the engine seems thirsty. I average apprx 24 hwy and 17 city mpg.

Great New Car
By justin06 on 03/02/06 17:22 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Cobalt for almost three months now and I am highly satisfied with it. It is leaps and bounds better than my previous car, a 2004 Dodge Neon. It's a sporty coupe, which is exactly what I wanted. Even with all the extra features ordered, it only came to 17K. While shopping, it was between the Cobalt or the new, 2006 Civic, and I chose the Cobalt because it included more options at a lower price. To receive the same with the Civic, I would have had to purchase the highest-end model. All in all, my Cobalt coupe has been a pleasure to own.

The best you can get at the lowest price
By Grey Fox on 02/28/06 20:07 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

First of all, the car is beautiful, and fortunately so is the price. Between the Honda Civic, Dodge Neon, Toyota Corolla, the Chevrolet Cobalt is the prime choice! Why? Great gas mileage, very very very quiet engine, excellent comfort, surprisingly excellent sound system, and in and out, just a well- built car.

I love my new '06 Colbalt
By Caryn B. on 02/26/06 09:06 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It is totally fun to drive. The sound system is awesome. I have XM radio free for 3 months, so I'm lovin' that! It is a very smooth, quiet riding vehicle. I like the way it handles. Great on take-off, like getting on the freeway.

I love My SS.
By YoAdrian on 02/24/06 06:43 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I started out looking at the Mazda 3 and I am very happy that I ended up with a Cobalt SS. I test drove just about every comparable car in this class and the Cobalt felt just as good as the Honda Civic and Nissan Altima. I will admit that I really liked the way that the Mazda 3 drove; however, The Cobalt SS is a great driver- on the highway as well as around town. I have always been cautious of American cars and I am glad to say that GM is finally building quality small cars. I am getting between 28-30 mpg with about half of my driving on the highway. The car feels solid, no rattles.

Great Car, Fun Ride.
By Doug White on 02/10/06 23:34 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Leaps and bounds above all the other cars in it's class right now. My only complaint would be the typical "plain" design on the interior that Chevy is famous for. Build quality seems improved over Chevy's of the past. My In-laws have an Impala SS and it's a couple of years old and haven't seen any of the Chevy-Famous Squeaks that usually pop up in older Chevy's. Good Car, Skip the Corolla & The Honda, pick up a Cobalt today, you'll be glad you did.

Very nice car for the money!
By brazz on 02/08/06 17:08 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Cobalt LS coupe (5 speed M) about a month ago, and I am very happy with the car. It has a lot of power and it drives nicely. The fuel economy with the first gas tank was not so good, but it has dramatically improved now (24 city/30 hwy). You can tell exactly how much fuel it is using because it has this computer feature. The manual transmission is a bit rough so if you are not a great manual fan, go for the automatic. Visibility is lower than in other cars, but IT IS a coupe and you can get used to it quite fast. Great car!!!

I Love My Chevy Cobalt!
By susan kreger on 02/06/06 10:06 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd lease with Chevy and this car is my favorite by far! I got a 2005 Chevy Cobalt LS with a stick and the car gives 150 percent. It's fun to drive, looks very sporty and the car never disappoints me. I get lots of complements on whoever sees it and each time I get in the car to drive it (no matter where) I am excited. The car is awesome!

My new little black car
By Jen on 01/31/06 21:25 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at Hondas and Mazda3 but ended up with a Cobalt. It's sporty, has good pick up and easy on the gas. Back seat nice size.Get the extra options. Sunroof, XM radio, white dials, cruise control, steering wheel radio controls, etc etc. It makes it feel even more like a luxury car.

Eval
By D*MuNNiE on 01/29/06 11:37 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had my Cobalt for less than 2 months. I love it. It has really quick acceleration, and the design of this car, doesn't say Cavalier AT ALL. I get compliments on it all the time. It's just a head turning car. Chevy definitely did a major step up from the way over cooked Cavalier! Right On CHEVY!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.