Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

2006 Cobalt 4 Dr LS Sedan Manual
By parker08

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is amazing. My parents recently got this car for me. I had no idea how to drive a manual, but this car is easy to learn in. The gas mileage is great!

Bigger console

LTZ - Great Economy Car
By RobinH

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have 40,000 plus miles on my Cobalt and average 30 mpg during my 100 mile daily commute. I average about 40 mph overall. (On the highway I get 35 mpg when driving about 60 mph) Have had no issues. Car was about $10,000 less than others I was looking at. Interior is "cheap"...but it runs great and gets me to work. Original tires only lasted 40K miles, now switched to Goodyear Assurance Triple Treds, which I have had before and are great tires.

XM radio, seat heaters.

Upgrade padding in seats.

On par with imports, better price!
By diamond dave

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's unfortunate that GM gave themselves a bad rep in the 80s and 90s, because this little gem seems to have gone unnoticed. Ours has some upgrades, but the best thing about it over the LS is the wheels. The alloy rims are wider than the LS and is makes a huge difference on the road. It feels so much more solid that the standard rims! The car is quiet at all speeds. The interior trim doesn't have issues yet, but judging from the reviews, I think we'll look in to after market upgrades. All in all, I think this vehicle is on par with the Accord or Camry, althouh the interior is not as refined. The one thing I would stress is get the premium wheels, it makes all the difference in the world!

Peppy little engine with great gas mileage!

Interior trim. Also, I like to see the temp gauge... not a digital readout that I have to push a button to see... maybe it's just me.

Fun to Drive
By Teacher

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

So far my Cobalt beats my expectations. Very fun to drive! Worth purchasing the "extras", leather, moonroof, etc. Only drawback is 21MPG in the city. Traded my Camry and am very happy so far!

Moonroof, peppy engine, Pioneer stero system

Better mileage, although I only have city mileage thus far

Best car to purchase
By hblmo115

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We owned a z24 Cavalier before we purchased this car and I like this car even more than my Cavalier. It is a excellent purchase. I love my Cobalt. Lots of room because we have two children and they don't complain about it like they did the Cavalier.

Chrome detailing in car, and the way it handles

None