Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged - Consumer Reviews

SS 2.0L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (53 reviews )

very fun car
By kylesssc

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

honestly i just got my 06 cobalt ss in march and so far no problems. its my first newer car and i fell in love with it the first day i picked it up. a very good car for people to learn stick on. i had no trouble at all. many people may not believe it but this car does have some power behind it, it is a fast little car. it is definitely a head turner. i had looked at many other cars before i came across this one and im very glad that i did end up with it. no regrets at all. very good car

i love my interior, my ss is black with a leather red and black interior. my favorite feature would be the way chevrolet designed the body. i love how it comes stock with a slight body kit and the wing.

Very Fun Ride
By dawnnelson

My SSSC was my first ever new car and is still going strong to this day. I've put tons of mileage on it going back and forth from the Seattle area to the Phoenix area and have had absolutely no problems with it. Incredibly fun to drive everywhere. Even handled heavy snow on Cabbage in Oregeon without chains or studs, and without batting an eyelash. Young people are drawn to this car and other makes and models in this class. With my experience (ie; 10 to 20 years their senior, with 10 years of professional CDL driving experience under my belt), no one has bested me in my baby yet. Thought about buying a Mustang before I got this and glad I didn't.

Awesome speed off the line, handles everything I throw at it, and turns heads.

Interior could use a few improvements, and I can't understand why a loaded car doesn't even have the option of adding heated mirrors.

Mixed feelings...
By 823freckles

I got my cobalt in 2009 with 17000 miles on it. I was constantly having problems with it-interior quality is awkward and shoddy, I failed an emissions test shortly after buying it, and some other problems I honestly can't remember, except they were costly. I also hated that it seemed to turn way too widely, at least for me-handling was awkward. I would have rated it lower, but as I just totaled it and walked away sans injuries, I'm giving it a slightly higher rating. But I think there are cars just as safe, but more enjoyable to drive out there.

First and never the last!
By jujujujosh7

I traded my 2002 mustang gt convertible for my 2006 cobalt ss, and I will never ever go back to ford! Chevrolet, really did a great job on this car. I get around 29 MPG's, gas is a bit esxspensive but it saves you money in the long run, the clutch is just fine, shifts just fine, runs even better, the interior is really nice, I wish i had the heated seats! it does torque steer, and if you put a cold air intake on it! it whines and whistles very loudly! I am very very satisfied with it, and I occasionally drive this car very hard I am 20 so lol, and it drives perfect! so much technology!

Exterior, the speed, the sound system! auto tint !

not sure

Sweetest bang for the buck
By joker42369

I've had this car for a few months now, and love it more everyday. First off, the supercharger whine is simply addicting. Five speed manual is awesome, red and black seats; this car just rocks. I wanted one since the first time i saw one. So far, while beating on it constantly, i've gotten no problems, and 21-22 mpg CITY. And boy is it fast. 350z fast. Not to mention, the sport tuned suspension was derived testing at nurburgring, so it handles really good, even on crappy roads. As long as you can get used to a twitchy first gear and mad wheel hop (which i did) this car is perfect for the price. And i can look at it all day, just a beautiful car.

Acceleration, handling, supercharger whine, looks, interior

bad wheel hop and jerky first gear, not much storage room in cabin