2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
I'm calling out the reviewer who reviewed this car originally
By stig_wanna_be on 07/13/13 00:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

So, on that bomb shell, lets begin. The car has been awesome, I have had it for a year and put on 20,000km. The car has gobbles up twisty mountain roads with ease and inspires confidence. I think the car edmunds acquired had the cheapest tires around or are trying to get you to buy a civic. Sure I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for the plastics on the interior and the back seat but we are talking about an economy car, not a $100 million dollar machine. As per the dire lack of interior storage, this has adequate storage for the commute unless you have to store a body with you on your commute, but then again you would be using the massive trunk for that.

Worst Car EVER!!!
By ihatecobalts on 01/30/13 13:05 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car new and has been nothing but a headache. New gear shifter (It locked down and wouldn't shut off or let me put in park), had the get the gas tank fixed twice, oil pan cracked, pulley snapped off, and at a whopping 89000 it blew up. This car is JUNK off the charts LEMON. Money pit no dealership even wants to mess with it. Its past the warranty but the 100000 power train warranty doesn't hold up. Never buy this car..EVER it will leave you stranded several times for hours with kids. NO ONE ever stops anymore. It also over heats for NO reason got it checked by the dealership.

06 Cobalt LT automatic
By jflowers1 on 08/26/12 12:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Very nice car but have had some problems along the way. We bought the car used with about 80k miles a little over a year ago. So far we have had to put an air conditioner compressor, steering stabalizers, and now fuel injectors in it. Little more than expected but still a good car. If your considering buying, try to find a good cheap mechanic bc these problems and more will arise most likely especially when you look at reviews for anyone that has had the car for a bit. There was a recall for the fuel injectors but the recall didn't cover our VIN number which is rediculous, it has all the same signs and symptoms listed, they just don't want to fix it.

Best I've Ever Had!
By cjanenem on 08/12/12 11:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car! It has great mileage, comfy and plus plenty of room in the trunk.

Maybe I'm jinxed? Oh wait.. it's not me; it's the Chevy
By j_123 on 08/12/12 09:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT Std. It's very shiny and pretty, comfortable to drive, good on gas, handles well... it just has a FEW issues. I'm trying so hard to give it the benefit of the doubt: "poor little car! I'm sure now that it's been fixed AGAIN it will run fine... it'll be ok this time". But no, time and time again it breaks down with the same issues. Eek. Please see the following issues, which are not listed in chronological order so please don't "diagnose" the issue based on the following order. I have taken the car to 4 different shops: 2 different GM dealerships and 2 privately owned shops. Still, no luck solving the issues. Tons of money spent fixing the car! Money pit.

Unseen-Unknown problems
By mnguy2 on 12/15/11 05:58 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought an '06 Cobalt (LTZ) about a month ago and have quite the story to tell. I took the car for a two-day test drive and brought it to a trusted mechanic (everything checked out). A week later, the car stalls out on me in stop-and-go traffic, so I brought it to the dealer and they take about a week to try to figure the problem out, they are telling me they can't figure out whats wrong with it. I started driving it again and about a week later it stalled out on me twice in stop-and-go traffic...dealer has had the car for going on two weeks and still can't find the problem. FYI, I treat my cars well, I don't floor it everywhere I go...Chevy has lost my respect.

2006 Chevy Cobalt LTZ
By 2006 Chevy Cobalt on 05/27/08 16:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive. Car has a lot of get up and go for a 4 cyl and good handling. Gets about 26-28 mpg aroudn town according to the dash mpg calculator. I have 48K plus miles and have had no problems.

LTZ - Great Economy Car
By RobinH on 10/15/07 13:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have 40,000 plus miles on my Cobalt and average 30 mpg during my 100 mile daily commute. I average about 40 mph overall. (On the highway I get 35 mpg when driving about 60 mph) Have had no issues. Car was about $10,000 less than others I was looking at. Interior is "cheap"...but it runs great and gets me to work. Original tires only lasted 40K miles, now switched to Goodyear Assurance Triple Treds, which I have had before and are great tires.

Fun to Drive
By Teacher on 06/13/07 07:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

So far my Cobalt beats my expectations. Very fun to drive! Worth purchasing the "extras", leather, moonroof, etc. Only drawback is 21MPG in the city. Traded my Camry and am very happy so far!

Not a Porsche but not $40,000
By Lee on 06/15/06 00:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Cobalt for 7 months and it is time to rate it. It's great. I'm really a big car fan but this is a fun car. I drive about 250 miles every 4 to 5 days and I enjoy. I got every option except the ashtray for $18,200, let's see Honda beat that. Okay it does have cheap plastic interior like thay say but for the money I think it is a fine car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.