Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

2006 Cobalt LT, A Very Nice Car.
By isaiahtimothy

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is my first, so it's an excellent first car! I bought it off my grandma, so it had only 55,000 miles despite being seven years old. I really love this car, and I have little to complain about. The car overall is built really nicely, I love the looks of it, way better looking than the comparable Ford Focus, which is complete junk. The interior is very nicely designed, has nice finishes, although I don't very much like the cloth seats, although I don't like cloth in any car. The only other thing I have to complain about is a few rattles in the dash, and occasionally the sunroof. This car will be with me for many more miles, and i'll keep it as a commuter.

Favorite Features

-Computer Information Center: Tells you anything you may need to know about the car and provides warnings for weather, etc. -Large Trunk! -Great quality for an economy car! -Auto Headlamps & auto everything. -Lots more!

Suggested Improvements

-Fix rattles in dash. -Ignition had a recall. -No other complaints I can think of!

My Trusty Ladybug
By mewnu

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt two years ago from a used lot. It is blazing red and was in good condition with 50k miles, no problems except for the rear window which didn't go down (suddenly it works now). I have to say this has been such a PHENOMENAL car!! It is wonderful on gas. She handles smoothly and has slightly better than average acceleration for a little 4cyl. I have virtually not had a SINGLE problem with her since I've bought her. Just one, which was a "fluke" said the mechanic, but otherwise, she's been the best little car ever. I put customized LED headlights on and tinted windows, super cute :) Only reason I'm selling her is because I'm finally getting my coveted Camaro. I love Chevy!!

Favorite Features

Gas, cute body style, reliability, easy to drive!

Suggested Improvements

They stopped making the Cobalt. :( I just wish mine (a 2006) had an auxiliary output, but that was the last year they didn't have that.

BADbalt!
By BADbalt!

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought the car the battery had to be charged b/c it was dead from sitting on the lot.SHOULD HAVE BEEN MY SIGN!7 days later I was stranded with a dead battery.2 months later brakes & rators had to be replaced. Now for the real problem...EVERYTIME it rains I have water sitting in my floorboard.3 yrs later and A LOT of parts replaced they still don't know where its coming from. I get in my car on 12/2/09 back up and hit the brakes and a waterfall comes rushing down from my roof onto me, my dash and filled my cup holders. Even though this is pre-existing GM wont help! But they want me to buy another car??? SERIOUSLY! I am so upside down with my wonderful GM product I have to hang onto it!

Favorite Features

Love the car...Just not mine! I have a lemon!

Suggested Improvements

-Better A/C -Better radio that the screen doesn't mess up on -Fix the manual shift. Hard to get into 1st gear!

Has been good car
By jimmyjam2009

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

over all the car has been great the dealer has been very great! only problem I did have with the car was the steering shaft was making noises and had too be replaced at 33k miles. GM took care of problem. I just put new tires on the car it now has 44k miles on it. Brakes have never been changed and still have tons of life in them. Mine is a stick transmission 5 speed and the trans is very tight and fun too shift. sometimes is a little hard too get in first gear. But over all I would say the cobalt is a good car still needs a little refinement with some interior parts and rattles..

Favorite Features

the stick shift is very tight not like early 90's GM cars. Has good amount of power. I would run it with a honda and I think I could win

Suggested Improvements

work on some of the rattles, better seat cloth,

Awesome compact car!
By colbolt4life

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for 3 years now, I bought it brand new and I love it. The only minor issue with the car that I hear from a lot of Colbolt owners and my selfs is the radio/cd player. It messes up sometimes. Other than that it gets great gas mileage, I haven't changed the breaks yet and there still good. I love the car all around and think it is a great buy for a first time buyer or a teenage kid.

Favorite Features

The interior lights go off if you forget to turn it off. It tells you when you need a oilchange, and when you are out of fuel. All around the little display buttons in the front tells you exactly what you need to know about your car.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk opening bigger, seat cloths better, and fix the issue with the radio/cd player.