2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
2006 Cobalt LT, A Very Nice Car.
By isaiahtimothy on 03/07/14 20:49 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is my first, so it's an excellent first car! I bought it off my grandma, so it had only 55,000 miles despite being seven years old. I really love this car, and I have little to complain about. The car overall is built really nicely, I love the looks of it, way better looking than the comparable Ford Focus, which is complete junk. The interior is very nicely designed, has nice finishes, although I don't very much like the cloth seats, although I don't like cloth in any car. The only other thing I have to complain about is a few rattles in the dash, and occasionally the sunroof. This car will be with me for many more miles, and i'll keep it as a commuter.

My Trusty Ladybug
By mewnu on 02/22/13 13:12 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt two years ago from a used lot. It is blazing red and was in good condition with 50k miles, no problems except for the rear window which didn't go down (suddenly it works now). I have to say this has been such a PHENOMENAL car!! It is wonderful on gas. She handles smoothly and has slightly better than average acceleration for a little 4cyl. I have virtually not had a SINGLE problem with her since I've bought her. Just one, which was a "fluke" said the mechanic, but otherwise, she's been the best little car ever. I put customized LED headlights on and tinted windows, super cute :) Only reason I'm selling her is because I'm finally getting my coveted Camaro. I love Chevy!!

BADbalt!
By BADbalt! on 12/03/09 06:54 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought the car the battery had to be charged b/c it was dead from sitting on the lot.SHOULD HAVE BEEN MY SIGN!7 days later I was stranded with a dead battery.2 months later brakes & rators had to be replaced. Now for the real problem...EVERYTIME it rains I have water sitting in my floorboard.3 yrs later and A LOT of parts replaced they still don't know where its coming from. I get in my car on 12/2/09 back up and hit the brakes and a waterfall comes rushing down from my roof onto me, my dash and filled my cup holders. Even though this is pre-existing GM wont help! But they want me to buy another car??? SERIOUSLY! I am so upside down with my wonderful GM product I have to hang onto it!

Has been good car
By jimmyjam2009 on 10/26/09 17:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

over all the car has been great the dealer has been very great! only problem I did have with the car was the steering shaft was making noises and had too be replaced at 33k miles. GM took care of problem. I just put new tires on the car it now has 44k miles on it. Brakes have never been changed and still have tons of life in them. Mine is a stick transmission 5 speed and the trans is very tight and fun too shift. sometimes is a little hard too get in first gear. But over all I would say the cobalt is a good car still needs a little refinement with some interior parts and rattles..

Awesome compact car!
By colbolt4life on 09/07/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for 3 years now, I bought it brand new and I love it. The only minor issue with the car that I hear from a lot of Colbolt owners and my selfs is the radio/cd player. It messes up sometimes. Other than that it gets great gas mileage, I haven't changed the breaks yet and there still good. I love the car all around and think it is a great buy for a first time buyer or a teenage kid.

Problem after Problem
By cdowning on 06/08/09 22:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Broken the day driven off the lot. Now been in the shop 8 times for various problems. PCM/BCM issues biggest trouble. Transmission rebuilt, and still the whole front end sounds like it's about to fall apart. Terrible resale value. GM no help.

Great little Chevrolet
By Yury on 04/22/09 16:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My first US car, others were imports. I bought it used with 45k on it. I am pleasantly surprised, this car runs very smoothly, acceleration is excellent, confident braking steering is easy, practical interior, only a few squeaks. Spacious trunk, LT trim offers lots of things that make you feel like you are in more expensive car. Had two visits to dealership to fix minor issues left by previous owner. He even did not bother with scheduled maintenance. Good winter tires and careful driving will take you safely through Canadian winter. All in all, Cobalt has personality that is missing in many similar Japanese cars. Nice, solid, fun car with lots of practicality in it.

My first Chevy
By Ron Freborg on 12/20/08 20:41 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My commute is 135 miles per day, and the gas prices were eating me alive in my 22 mpg Ranger. We determined that if I could get about 32 mpg, the gas savings would make the car payment. The car felt good, the dealer wasn't pushy and although it was used it was a certified car. I have taken it to the dealer for two minor warrenty issues, and have been very happy. This is a great little comuter car, that for 2 avg size people could be a cross country car. The interior has a few issues with the cheap plastic, but for the price of this car, it's quite affordable with a good safety rating. For the same price, I could have got an older, high milage Corolla without as many features

Great mileage...get the options
By Mark on 10/05/08 14:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My 2006 Cobalt has been fantastic to own so far. I have 43,000 mile swith the original tires and brakes still intact. The ride comfort leaves a little to be desired,and there is some front end noise the dealer says is normal. I drive 64 miles a day to work and average about 36 MPH as high as 42 on a good day.If you buy this car get all of the options you can afford otherwise you will tire of this car quickly. I have the LT package with the alloy rims and bigger tires as well as the pioneer radio system that was a huge suprise for a stock system. I live in Ohio and this little car has handled the last two horrible winters like a champ. It handles very well in all weather conditions.

When will GM learn
By sanmech on 08/06/08 14:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new with 0% down for 72 months. Good deal-- With 9000 miles on the car I finally realized why my hands were killing me when I drove the car. The steering wheel is hard as a rock, and I cannot drive it anymore. So, I give it to my wife and guess what? Her hands hurt. A call to GM was made and of course they said sorry, but that is all. Car now in shop for a rattle they cant find. They replaced 2 struts and 2 strut mounts, 2 stabilizer links and 2 control arms. Still rattles. How many more times can one get burnt with a GM product. Last time for me. My Honda Civic 2003 I just bought still runs and rides like a new car with 86000 miles on it. You tell me why to buy American again!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.