2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
what happened?
By karamel20001 on 12/07/13 15:24 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Well it's like this..purchased car in 2006 brand new. Had fair credit at the time so being a unknowledgable I went for the high int rate. Had some set backs, but any about the car. Excellent when I first purchased. Didn't start having major problems until 110,000 miles. Took it to the dealership and sears only to be serviced. I had a transmission flush at 75,000 miles, a fuel thing for the recall, a steering issue for the recall, belt replaced, 3 rotors changed. And a long list of other things done as time went own. Now have 174,500 miles and the engine didn't pass the compression check and now they say I need a new engine at the dealership and it cost 3,100 dollars. I still owe. :(

my first car
By joco29 on 07/14/13 16:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my cobalt new and i now have 145,783 miles on it and it has never once let me down and stranded on the road. Not even so much as a dead battery, and yeah the battery i have in it is the one from the factory! The only work ive had done to it is ive had the electric power steering replaced from the recall as it just randomly stopped working while i was driving. But besides regular oil changes and maintence such as alignments and such ive never had one thing wrong and would reccomend it to anyone! And Ive worked at various car lots so Ive driven just about every car and id still reccomend this car over any other comperable car foreign or domestic. This has made me a chevy guy for life!

LS 2.2L 5 speed manual 2006 cobalt
By bbwlover on 02/21/13 09:35 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car from an awesome man named Vince from car City on E. 14th street Des Moines, Iowa around April of 2012. I was originally looking for a ford focus with a 5 speed manual transmission but saw the color on this (pepsi blue) and caught my eye. Only had one problem with this car: air conditioner pulley lost some mounting screws and a belt popped off. Losing a screw is probably due to my moderate off roading at Jester Park and a belt popping off just happens sometimes but in this case was caused by the AC pulley shifting in position due to lack of mounting hardware. Just bad luck, really. I love it though. no features like power windows/ locks, mirrors, and is a 5 speed. I love it!

My Doors will not Open
By luxiestar on 03/11/11 10:09 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased my used Chevy Cobalt in December. The first time my door got stuck I thought it was my fault because the next day the doors open. Earlier this week my driver's side door got stuck again my dad went out and opened it with no problem. But again the next day the door was stuck again and my dad and I could not get it open. I was with some friends last night and both doors were stuck we both literally had to climb out of the window to get out. This is my the first car that I've ever bought. I've only had this car for a short time and I really need it to get back and forth from work. Gm really needs to do something about this problem because

Best Car I Ever Owned
By tom abernathy on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently hit 200,000 miles on my 2006 Chevy Cobalt. The only thing I have had done to this vehicle is change the oil and tires. This is the best vehicle I have owned and I will continue to buy Chevrolet.

First car with no major flaws
By KHarris on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car now for almost a year and I LOVE it! It beats the Honda's I drove by far. I've had no major issues besides normal wear and tear. I am hoping that this keeps up as I am going to have this car for quite a while!

Very Nice Car!
By JD on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car today so I haven't had much time in it but after reading some of these reviews I will have to disagree. I think it's a great car! The radio sounds great, ample trunk room, quiet ride, great instrument panel, AC/heat works great, very comfortable, plenty of inside room (we had 4 big adults and a kid in a booster seat comfortably). Overall so far it seems like a very good car. Like I said though I've only had it a day but I'm really liking it. The gas mileage is a big seller as well! I have a feeling this has been a very good purchase!

Best car I have ever owned
By jtucker0142 on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I drive this car at least an hour back and forth to work every day and it has never once broke down. I change my oil every 4000 miles and keep a clean air filter. I just hit 90,000 and going strong. my key has never once got stuck in the ignition and gas does not come gushing out when its full. Really don't understand why there are so many bad reviews.

This car was a mistake
By Joel on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We needed a nice car and that is what we thought we were getting. I bought this car and there was a tapping noise in the front end. I made it known to the salesperson and they took it into the shop. The shop said that the strut arms and some other things need to be changed out. They change them out and charged an arm and a leg. The dealership paid half and I need to pay the other. After about a week, the same stuff is happening and this time it is shaking even more. I took it back to the dealerships shop and the Mechanic told me that the sound that we are hearing and the shaking that it is doing, is just road noise. Now when I try to stop, the car makes kind of like a "jack brake," noise.

Driver side door will not open
By UpsetCustomer on 08/22/10 08:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Went to lunch found my drivers side door would not open. 2x before lock issues. Supposedly fixed by Riverton. Apparently not. Two weeks after same issue. Took 8 months to get it fixed. They had my parts on the shelf and never called me back. Closed the repair order waiting for payment from the warranty company. Now the damn door will not open. Want to charge me $150 just to tell me what is wrong. I cut my panel, reached in, all of the mechanisms are working. Still cant get it open. This is a recall problem. Check the web and see how many others have the issue. I refuse to pay and I will continue my journey to find someone to fix my car at no charge. Never buy a GM again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.