2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2006 Cobalt Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Sort Reviews by

Just bought mine used 2.4 L
By liltrey

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought this used. I've had it for about 3 weeks now and nothing has gone wrong yet just noticed that the passenger window rolls up slower than the driver side. No biggy just hope the window motor doesn't go bad. Good sized 4 cyl got some get up and go. Like the sounds system, it's good for being stock. The only thing I want to do to this car is put in a turbo kit and she will fly.

Favorite Features

acceleration. nice red color, sound system, body style and stance, 18" rims

Suggested Improvements

steering, doesn't handle as well as the 07 jetta i had (before i totaled the jetta) should be hyd assisted instead of electric

love this car
By amazing car

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car a couple years ago and I absolutely love it im 21 and to date ive had 23 cars, I've always loved them for 2 weeks then hated them not the case with this car I've had it for almost 2 years and love every time I get into it, looks sweet, I get 34.5 mpg on the highway, 27 avg, not bad for being supercharged, I love the interior and the radio is the best of anything ive owned and I put 2700 in my ss camaro so thats sayin quite a bit, I dont know what all you foreign car love are thinking Chevy makes great cars, not a dime spent on anything but oil with this car I would recommend it to anyone, and I kept my money in this country:), unlike you Toyota and Honda lovers. A+++++++ chevy

Favorite Features

radio, great suspension and engine, looks like a racecar for the street

Suggested Improvements

wish it was a turbo, thats the only thing ill trade this car for which hey guess what thats what the new ones are, so once i save up a few dimes thats what ill have

junk
By unknown

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

dont buy!!! this car is junk my brakes never stop squeaking dealers cant explain. no room in car for anything seats stain with rain water windows dont roll down all the time airbag light on for no reason...drivers side door handle fell off...my dome light hangs down now cant get it back in!!! total garbage...my 2004 malibu rocked compared to this car

Favorite Features

nothing

Suggested Improvements

everthing

Love my Purple SS!
By Megz

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Really, you can't go wrong with a car that's got great MPG, is sporty, fun to drive, and good to look at. My husband laughs because it's purple, but off the line and down the road, my Purple SS beat his 2500HD and left it in the dust.

Favorite Features

Of course it's got all the bells and whistles. Heated leather, sunroof, 7 spkr Pioneer stereo system and obviously a 5 sp. Who wants a clunky automatic when you can have a stick?!

Suggested Improvements

The only complaint I've seen in reviews and heard myself is about the lack of space in the backseat. I just tell them it's to make room in the trunk, (which is huge), so that my subs can get the bump going!

Awesome
By sbadattitude

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my cobalt ss. This is the most fun car I have ever owned. It's fun to drive. It's just a nice sporty car. I have never had a problem with it. I'm the second owner. This car is the best car. I give it a ten plus.

Favorite Features

I love everything about my car. I have no complaint on my little car

Suggested Improvements

I'm happy with the way it is

Best 4 cyclinder out there.
By Ron

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have over 18,000 miles so far and the car has been great. I am averageing 32.5 mpg which is higher than I expected when I purchased it. The car is quite for its price range and handles like a dream.

Favorite Features

The leather heated seats in a car of this price range are great.

Suggested Improvements

My only wish is that they would offer the direct injection/tubocharged engine they have in the HHR/pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky. I would trade in if it comes out next year. I am a big believer in the luxury compact car concept.

10,000 recap on SS 2.4 auto
By azdiva

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

07 is last production year of SS models. Not to many made. engine flawless, vvt low maint timing chain. Proven drivetrain. exc handling, performance, and economy 25 mpg city. great a/c in 115 temps. windshield angle not extreme blocks heat and sun. suspension tight and rigid,great brakes,all you need for defensive freeway driving. Out accelerates most cars. Body tight. Composite graphite dash better than vinyl for durability in heat.power features galore. rfid passkey 3. effective fog lamps. Auto lighting is great,lumbar and thigh supports, trunk and not hatch with wiper, battery in rear, oil filter element on top. this car rocks. resale? i'll wait a few years let the market decide.

Favorite Features

Handling, accelertion, ease of maintenance. Comfort and visibility. 17" alloys great aftermarket accessories. Matched drivetrain. Parts availability and cost. Best buy in used cars if you could find one.

Suggested Improvements

A little more sound insulation, led tailights, more throaty exhaust sound.

Great Car
By sushidog

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

In 25k miles I have had no repair or warranty issues. It handles well in the twisties (drove "tail of the dragon" and "hellbender" in the NC mountains). It accelerates and stops like a much more expensive car, yet it gives great gas mileage for a 15.35sec (my actual 1/4 mile time)n/a 2.4l 4cyl. automatic. It's only slightly modded (I/H/E/&tune) Fit and finish are great for a $17.4k Chevy economy car.

Favorite Features

I love the computer readouts. My actual mileage on my last 150 mile hwy trip was 37.9mpg, between 60-70mph. Plus it has a great, stock pioneer sound system.

Best bang per buck
By mikedubreuil

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has to be the best bang per buck for performance and styling. I get nothing but compliments about it and the same people are very surprised its a Chevy

Favorite Features

Excellent audio system. Great steering column controls

Suggested Improvements

Interior plastics could be improved

2.4 SS Excellent
By SSport

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I would recommend this car to anyone. It's a little car with a big heart. Minor problems here and there, but to be expected in a brand new car! I love it and plan to love it for many years to come!

Favorite Features

Exterior design, trunk size, Pioneer sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger opening of the trunk