2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Just bought mine used 2.4 L
By liltrey on 05/27/10 20:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought this used. I've had it for about 3 weeks now and nothing has gone wrong yet just noticed that the passenger window rolls up slower than the driver side. No biggy just hope the window motor doesn't go bad. Good sized 4 cyl got some get up and go. Like the sounds system, it's good for being stock. The only thing I want to do to this car is put in a turbo kit and she will fly.

love this car
By amazing car on 08/25/09 19:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car a couple years ago and I absolutely love it im 21 and to date ive had 23 cars, I've always loved them for 2 weeks then hated them not the case with this car I've had it for almost 2 years and love every time I get into it, looks sweet, I get 34.5 mpg on the highway, 27 avg, not bad for being supercharged, I love the interior and the radio is the best of anything ive owned and I put 2700 in my ss camaro so thats sayin quite a bit, I dont know what all you foreign car love are thinking Chevy makes great cars, not a dime spent on anything but oil with this car I would recommend it to anyone, and I kept my money in this country:), unlike you Toyota and Honda lovers. A+++++++ chevy

junk
By unknown on 05/20/09 08:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

dont buy!!! this car is junk my brakes never stop squeaking dealers cant explain. no room in car for anything seats stain with rain water windows dont roll down all the time airbag light on for no reason...drivers side door handle fell off...my dome light hangs down now cant get it back in!!! total garbage...my 2004 malibu rocked compared to this car

Love my Purple SS!
By Megz on 04/24/08 14:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Really, you can't go wrong with a car that's got great MPG, is sporty, fun to drive, and good to look at. My husband laughs because it's purple, but off the line and down the road, my Purple SS beat his 2500HD and left it in the dust.

Awesome
By sbadattitude on 03/23/08 20:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my cobalt ss. This is the most fun car I have ever owned. It's fun to drive. It's just a nice sporty car. I have never had a problem with it. I'm the second owner. This car is the best car. I give it a ten plus.

Best 4 cyclinder out there.
By Ron on 09/11/07 13:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have over 18,000 miles so far and the car has been great. I am averageing 32.5 mpg which is higher than I expected when I purchased it. The car is quite for its price range and handles like a dream.

10,000 recap on SS 2.4 auto
By azdiva on 08/19/07 21:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

07 is last production year of SS models. Not to many made. engine flawless, vvt low maint timing chain. Proven drivetrain. exc handling, performance, and economy 25 mpg city. great a/c in 115 temps. windshield angle not extreme blocks heat and sun. suspension tight and rigid,great brakes,all you need for defensive freeway driving. Out accelerates most cars. Body tight. Composite graphite dash better than vinyl for durability in heat.power features galore. rfid passkey 3. effective fog lamps. Auto lighting is great,lumbar and thigh supports, trunk and not hatch with wiper, battery in rear, oil filter element on top. this car rocks. resale? i'll wait a few years let the market decide.

Great Car
By sushidog on 07/16/07 18:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

In 25k miles I have had no repair or warranty issues. It handles well in the twisties (drove "tail of the dragon" and "hellbender" in the NC mountains). It accelerates and stops like a much more expensive car, yet it gives great gas mileage for a 15.35sec (my actual 1/4 mile time)n/a 2.4l 4cyl. automatic. It's only slightly modded (I/H/E/&tune) Fit and finish are great for a $17.4k Chevy economy car.

Best bang per buck
By mikedubreuil on 07/15/07 19:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has to be the best bang per buck for performance and styling. I get nothing but compliments about it and the same people are very surprised its a Chevy

2.4 SS Excellent
By SSport on 06/26/07 12:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I would recommend this car to anyone. It's a little car with a big heart. Minor problems here and there, but to be expected in a brand new car! I love it and plan to love it for many years to come!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.