Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Just bought mine used 2.4 L
By liltrey

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought this used. I've had it for about 3 weeks now and nothing has gone wrong yet just noticed that the passenger window rolls up slower than the driver side. No biggy just hope the window motor doesn't go bad. Good sized 4 cyl got some get up and go. Like the sounds system, it's good for being stock. The only thing I want to do to this car is put in a turbo kit and she will fly.

Favorite Features

acceleration. nice red color, sound system, body style and stance, 18" rims

Suggested Improvements

steering, doesn't handle as well as the 07 jetta i had (before i totaled the jetta) should be hyd assisted instead of electric

love this car
By amazing car

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car a couple years ago and I absolutely love it im 21 and to date ive had 23 cars, I've always loved them for 2 weeks then hated them not the case with this car I've had it for almost 2 years and love every time I get into it, looks sweet, I get 34.5 mpg on the highway, 27 avg, not bad for being supercharged, I love the interior and the radio is the best of anything ive owned and I put 2700 in my ss camaro so thats sayin quite a bit, I dont know what all you foreign car love are thinking Chevy makes great cars, not a dime spent on anything but oil with this car I would recommend it to anyone, and I kept my money in this country:), unlike you Toyota and Honda lovers. A+++++++ chevy

Favorite Features

radio, great suspension and engine, looks like a racecar for the street

Suggested Improvements

wish it was a turbo, thats the only thing ill trade this car for which hey guess what thats what the new ones are, so once i save up a few dimes thats what ill have

junk
By unknown

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

dont buy!!! this car is junk my brakes never stop squeaking dealers cant explain. no room in car for anything seats stain with rain water windows dont roll down all the time airbag light on for no reason...drivers side door handle fell off...my dome light hangs down now cant get it back in!!! total garbage...my 2004 malibu rocked compared to this car

Favorite Features

nothing

Suggested Improvements

everthing

Love my Purple SS!
By Megz

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Really, you can't go wrong with a car that's got great MPG, is sporty, fun to drive, and good to look at. My husband laughs because it's purple, but off the line and down the road, my Purple SS beat his 2500HD and left it in the dust.

Favorite Features

Of course it's got all the bells and whistles. Heated leather, sunroof, 7 spkr Pioneer stereo system and obviously a 5 sp. Who wants a clunky automatic when you can have a stick?!

Suggested Improvements

The only complaint I've seen in reviews and heard myself is about the lack of space in the backseat. I just tell them it's to make room in the trunk, (which is huge), so that my subs can get the bump going!

Awesome
By sbadattitude

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my cobalt ss. This is the most fun car I have ever owned. It's fun to drive. It's just a nice sporty car. I have never had a problem with it. I'm the second owner. This car is the best car. I give it a ten plus.

Favorite Features

I love everything about my car. I have no complaint on my little car

Suggested Improvements

I'm happy with the way it is