2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Bad Experience
By twittybird on 03/31/14 12:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchase my Cobalt in 2006 brand new, I had problems every since, my power steering went out, and my ignition key would not release unless I stuck my finger in the whole the dealer made available for me to release my key from the ignition.

Great Car
By blizbiggy on 04/24/12 19:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my car early spring of 2011 with 101K miles on it. So far I have replaced the front brakes and rotors and the business I bought it off of put a bran new clutch in it. I have put 20K on it myself this past year. Reliability is great and mileage is great with a nice get-up-and-go. Currently in colder weather at 32.5MPG and got 35.5MPG during this past summer. The only issues with the car so far being the sunroof track broke and that the stereo display is dying (got a kenwood double-din to pop in it). The buttons for the display also are kinda cheap and you have to press it just right to make it change.

Great Car
By red_horse on 10/18/11 11:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt used in May 2011, it had 58k miles on it. Ive put around 13k miles on it since then. It is a great little car, very quick and it handles very well. The only issues I have had with the car were with the windscreen (the previous owner damaged it and i didn't catch it until it was to late) and a slow leak in one of my tires. But neither of those issues fall on Chevy's shoulders. I highly recommend this car to anyone who has their eyes set on a used small car, it has the potential to offer much more excitement than any import car can offer for the same price.

2006 Cobalt LT Coupe
By shift2n on 06/18/11 13:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Good small car. Excellent value. Sticker price was $17,000. I bought this car because the price of the imports was $3000-$5000 more for a comparable Honda Civic. Don't always believe what the magazines and web sites tell you about any cars!!! I test drove a Civic and it was a dog in performance and handling as compared to the Cobalt. The exterior styling on the Cobalt was so much better, I could not believe people were paying that much for a Civic. After 60,000 miles, the only problems have been: 1. Key sticking-warranty. 2. Power steering pump recall - warranty. 3. Front wheel bearing noise-out of warranty. This car is fun to drive - not like our Honda Crv which is a chore to drive.

You get what you pay for
By kelcic on 05/25/11 22:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Cobalt for 5 years now, and I have put about 70,000 miles on it. Around 45,000, the brakes began failing. Around 60,000, the transmission began failing. Just recently, it has begun violently shaking whenever I brake or accelerate. The car has served me well, and I haven't had to replace anything yet. Once the transmission fails, though, the car is totalled. I have manual locks and windows, so I have not had any problems with the doors locking me in or out. This is a good car for first-time drivers, but if you want a long-lasting car, I would avoid the Cobalt.

Not too sastified
By dstevens1204 on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i own a 2006 chevy cobalt lt coupe for 2 years now. pretty much, the main problem is that the cd player never want to work, the engine light keep coming off and on.

Decent car for the price
By abgtbikes on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I drive this car everyday I used to put about 150 miles on it a day but the facts, brakes got pretty crape fast I bought new ones and the just went through them so fast, front end makes a lot of road noise, struts rattle a lot just had new ones put it and they still rattle, when you brake the steering wheel shakes as well as the car sometimes (might be the brakes who knows) insides cheap plastic has decent stereo in it. Not the fastest car but does pick up pretty quick its a fun little toy car that will start up for you everyday and give you the gas mileage you want. I'm not disappointed with this car its pretty good and worth the price

Don't Buy it!
By Courtney on 08/30/10 07:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Worst car ever. Like someone else said, it should have had a lot more recalls than it does. My car crapped out at 37,000 miles. First car problem I had was 2 months after I drove it off the lot. Your car shouldn't break down on the side of a highway when it only has 300 miles on it! I spent more time driving the rental cars because of the amount of time spent on repairs! I ended up letting it repo so I didn't have to deal with it any longer since the dealership wouldn't take it back.

Bad Car!
By Cody on 07/27/10 22:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Well I bought it hoping for it to be my "reliable vehicle". Just after I bought it the sensors kept setting something off and making it kill. Now the front end I going out. It needs a new control arm. Then slowly the passenger window kept moving slower and slower and now will not move. Then my whole sunroof switch fell out 1 day. The car is crap. So I am not at all avoiding the problems that I wanted to. This vehicle is just creating more. It should've had many more recalls. I used to really like Chevrolet, but now I'm not so sure I will buy one once again.

Not bad so far.
By skypfry550 on 05/21/10 17:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the vehicle four years now. I declined to return it after the four year Smart Buy. I'll own it in three more years. 50,000 miles on it. No problems whatsoever except for the radio, which I had to replace at about 40,000 miles. It's been very reliable. I took a leap of faith by keeping it. I hope not to encounter any major problems before it hits 100,000 so I'm gonna continue keeping it serviced regularly and take it easy out there.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.