2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - What's Everyone Complaining About?

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Review

What's Everyone Complaining About?
By JimCity Commuter on

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I hear so many people talk this car down, but this is literally the best car I've owned so far. Fuel economy is great, and there's a never ending supply of get-up-and-go. I got the base model, which I suppose means fewer things to go wrong, but this car has only been in the shop for 8 hours (would have been less if the guys would have let me show them what was wrong when I first drove it in the shop). Had a bad coil pack. Not GM's fault their supplier gave em a junk part. Fixed it 9000 miles ago and still driving strong! I put 100 miles a day or more on this car and it loves every minute of it. I'll have this car for a very long time. You go GM!

Favorite Features

Hands down, the Driver Info Center

Suggested Improvements

Modify the DIC so that it will give you more information from the onboard computer. Let the driver customize which items show up when you press the 'i' button. Give an option to turn off the 'idiot light' for shifting. I know when to shift my car, thank you very much! Let me turn my dash lights on!