2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Review: This car is awesome!!

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Review

SS Coupe (2.0L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual)

This car is awesome!!
By Rich Gregor on

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

This car has it all! I'm getting over 24 mpg, it accelerates like a sports car, goes around corners like it's on rails, is loaded with equipment, and looks great to boot! The best all around car I have ever owned (and I've owned over 30)by far. Plus I got it for less than $18,000 after incentives and GM card rebates. Proof that there is hope for GM after all, if they can only build more cars with this level of performance and value in one package.

My favorite features are the supercharged engine, that allows good gas mileage with lots of power on demand, and the leather interior. The interior has blue inserts that match the exterior of the car, and give the interior a finished and complete look.

The only areas I would suggest for improvement would be more gauges on the instrument panel, as it only has tach, speedo, boost, and gas gauges, and a smaller rear wing. The wing is too high and a little flimsey, and I would prefer a shorter, stronger one that would not be quite so in your face.