Couldn't Be Happier
By Randy on
2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)
I really love this car. I am a 55 year-old sports car nut (on a tight budget) and my Cobalt is amazing for what it cost. Always fun to drive, it makes every freeway on/off ramp a blast. I manage to get a smile on my face every time I drive it, even after owning it for 2 years. The stock power levels are great but adding the GM Stage 2 kit really transforms the car into something special. The car is amazing quiet, especially at freeway speeds. Overall it is a well sorted out, balanced car, thank you GM for making this thing! Final thought; I have not had one single problem with this car. Not one squeak or rattle, nothing broken, never back to the dealer. I couldn't be happier.
Favorite Features
The supercharged engine has gobs of torque and pulls more like a V8. You don't have to rev the engine to get good acceleration. The handling is amazing, easily controlled, corners like on rails, zero body roll. I get 33.6 MPG at 65 mph! Great gas mileage for such high performance.
Suggested Improvements
I wish the electic power steering was lighter and gave more feedback. The Pirelli P-Zero Rosso tires are terrible for what they cost. They are far too easy to break loose, especially in the wet. Otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing.
By kyle51895
on 03/10/11 16:25 PM (PST)

I know this is a good car and it seems like you being a more experienced driver proves the car is good, if you know how to handle it. You get what you put into it, if you love it it'll never break. I hope to get one of these as my first car, and NOT rice it out like the rest of my stupid generation!