2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Review: Love the car even thou I had m

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Review

SS Coupe (2.0L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual)

Love the car even thou I had many prob's
By CobaltSSgurl on

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I was like others & waited patiently for the dealership to get one of these cars in. This was the car I wanted to own!! I loved everything about this car until it hit 13k miles, the engine light continued to come on & off until I traded it a couple of weeks ago with 97k miles. It was a sad day because I had finally got all the kinks out of the car, but I was worried about the supercharger going next. No telling how much that was going to set me back. I thought just because this was a 4 cylinder car that it would be cheap to maintain, but I was wrong. Premium gas only & oil changes are anywhere from $75 - $85 a pop, synthetic oil only. The boost gauge also went out around 20k miles.

Favorite Features

Hot, sexy, fast car!!! When you need to pass someone, you can in 5th gear & only apply a little pressure to the gas. This car is a silent predator :)

Suggested Improvements

I have no other improvements other than to find out why the engine light constantly stays on, why your brake light will flash as you are going down the road, the weird knocking that comes from the back side panel of the passenger side & take the silver plates on the doors & replace them with black.