2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Review: Loyal to GM

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Review

Loyal to GM
By Beanie on

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Coming from a long line of GM owners, and not able to pass on "employee discount" offer, I decided fuel economy and style were #1 considerations. I chose the Cobalt LS 5-speed. Am getting 28.5MPG only if I drive like Grandma, but it's better than GMC Jimmy was achieving. Fun car despite only a 4 cyl, but wouldn't get an automatic! Performance doesn't compare to my old '88 Z24 5-speed, but I'm still getting there in style and on less gas.

Premium sound system w/10" woofer in trunk really rocks! Handling is good, so is acceleration. Like the fuel economy, but it could be better, so I don't love it. Huge trunk, but opening is too small.

Needs rear window wiper! Seats too hard and don't hug you. Raw edges of fabric exposed, inside molding rattles-bad assembly. And what were they thinking putting fabric on door arm rests and vinyl on vertical door parts? First time I opened door in rain, resulted in fabric separation from foam.