2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Review: Love My Cobalt

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Review

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan

Love My Cobalt
By Dee on

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I live on Long Island where we have all 4 seasons. I have had no problem driving in rain or snow. I picked up the car in mid February 2005 and the following week we had quite a snow storm. The front wheel drive was great! No more getting stuck at work. I had an 85 Camaro which is rear-wheel and I always had trouble getting out of parking spaces at work--needed a push. And when I could, I would park with the nose out. With the Cobalt, it doesn't matter how I park. Of course it's easier to pull straight out, but so far I have no problem. My husband finally drove the car last week and he was quite surprised. Said the steering was solid--that's a compliment.

Controls in the steering wheel for the radio and cruise control. A real trunk is a pleasure, after having a hatch in the Camaro.

A bit more leg room in the rear seats would be nice--not everyone has short legs. And the battery in the trunk could be safety issue down the road. I know race cars have them in the rear, but this is a street car (and a race car has a shut off).

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review