Did not live up to GM standards
By CGrammer on
2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)
This car is absolutely the funnest car I've driven yet. The major downfall to this vehicle is the amount of times you will be bringing it to the dealer to have it worked on. I have had everything replaced from front struts/control arms all the way to minor trim detail falling off. I've had my manifold sensors replaced because it was causing my car to RPM at 400. That's not even at idle RPM. When you are getting ready to leave for work and your car display reads "ENG PWR LOW," you get kinda ticked off. My car had to be turned off and on seven times before it would idle at 1100 RPM... enough to get it out of my driveway. I would never recommend anyone buying this model car. Maybe the '08 model.
Favorite Features
Performance, handling, looks (interior and exterior), steering wheel-set radio controls, trunk space, close ratio shifter, little blind spots
Suggested Improvements
Definitely improve all mechanics involved with the production of this model car. Maybe the 2008 model will be rid of all the bugs/kinks. But I hear that is the last year for the car.