Basic but Fun
By BP on
2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
I got a base model Cobalt about 3 weeks ago and despite having nothing on my dealer "Options" form except "Floor Mats," this little ride has proven to be full of surprises. It's a quick four-banger and the standard CD player and roomy interior with folding back seats makes for many funs trips. I do think the seats are a bit stiff (probably to reduce driver fatigue) and the absence of a arm rest between the driver and passenger seats leaves my elbow searching for a place to rest. Otherwise the low sticker price and decent mpg make it a fair deal (currently 23.3 mpg). I find the new electric power stearing a bit sensitive on the expressway but the suspension gives a very smooth ride.
Favorite Features
Standard CD and above average sounding factory stereo is nice. It's got quick pick-up as well which makes for a fun, sporty, go-cart driving experience
Suggested Improvements
Tilt the seats cushions back. It feels like I'm sliding foward towards the pedals and have to use the seatbealt to keep myself in place. Also, make power locks standard! How did we ever exist without them?