2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Review: Average, But A Good First Car

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Average, But A Good First Car
By Cris on

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Overall it's a good point a to b kind of car it's nothing special but it does what it's supposed to. I got it for around 10k used with 20k miles on it. Not a bad price at all, but unfortunately lacking in features. No power windows/locks; therefore no keyless entry either. It just surprises me that these features aren't standard these days. Every car should have them. The Cobalt is a great car for a first time driver though; it's cheap, fuel efficient, got a little bit of power, and doesn't look half bad in most colors (mine is white and it's really not the best looking color for the car). Standard cruise control would be nice too.

Pretty fast for a little 4 cylinder. Has pretty good gas mileage, not great but it's alright. What I love the most is that it displays oil % and other important features right underneath the speedometer in an easy to read and navigate display.

I've had a few problems with my 05 Cobalt, that I'm not entirely sure are the car itself or the owner before myself. AC makes a whistling birdy sound and sometimes leaks. CD player won't read CD's sometimes giving me an ERR message. Other than that just the power windows/locks issue.