Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

I love it!
By nutmega380

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. I have driven it everywhere. It has made a trip from Mobile to Cali and from Cali to Cincinnati. I have put mass miles on this car in the two years I have owned it. I love the comfort, the power (for a 4C) and the stero is awesome! So glad I picked this car! My last new vehicle was an S- 10, and that ended up in the shop 4 times with repairs. So far this will be the first time I have had issues!

Favorite Features

Radio, white faced gauges, and the easy of the ride!

Suggested Improvements

Well the only problem I have had with my car is that is has just now begun to have the power steering issue! I will be taking it in to get it replaced soon! Other than that the car has been awesome, I would so buy another one!!

I love my Cobalt
By march

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I normally drive much more expensive cars, trading in a supercharged Grand Prix GTP for this Cobalt 2.5 years ago, but I think this little car is great! Fantastic mileage, very comfortable on long drives, an automatic transmission that shifts perfectly, good power, good stereo, fun to drive, great visibility and versatile. I normally lease new cars every 3 years, but am planning to buy this one when the lease is up. I've had the key stuck in the ignition, but that's really the only problem and it's an easy inexpensive fix if you know how. The selling dealer's service department is very poor, but I've found another nearby that's far better

Favorite Features

The automatic transmission, the mileage & just plain fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Change the rear-end styling on the sedan. The rest of the car looks fine.

My Red Cobalt
By bitterdelight

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I like my car. I've had it just over a year. It's cute and runs well. I have had a couple of small issues that were covered by warranty and were not much of a pain at all. I get great gas mileage 38.2 freeway and 29.4 in town. That's good if you ask me. It has plenty of room for my son's carseat and fun to accessorieze too. It's my family car that's still sporty.

Favorite Features

I love my chrome and the factory stereo is good.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of anything major off hand.

Power Steering Problems
By Beware!

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had several problems with it. Some aren't life threatening (like the power windows not working and the brake light flashing), but I've had a MAF Sensor short which caused the car to stop running while I was doing 60-65 MPH and the steering locked up. Fortunately, the car started back up. I've recently dealt with another steering issue. I was driving down an uneven/bumpy road and a "power steering" message came up on the information panel and the speedometer went out. The steering became very mushy and it was difficult to control the car. I've also dealt with the car not starting and the cab filling with gas fumes. There has been severe hesitation and loss of power when the A/C is on.

Favorite Features

The suspension has been fine. That's pretty much the only plus going for the car.

Suggested Improvements

GM needs to do away with the electronic steering until they get all the issues resolved.

Dont buy this car
By akztraylor

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for less than 2 years and it has been in the shop 7 times now. I am very disapointed in this car. I thought this would be a better car to own, now I can't wait to get rid of it!

Suggested Improvements

Stop making it!