Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

My new car
By Kristine

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car because I read a lot of positive reviews on it. Then the test drive came and I loved it. I used to drive a 1995 Jeep Cherokee Laredo but I was a victim in a car crash and it was taken away from me. So safety was my key concern and let me tell you, I feel safe in this car!

The windshield wipers are great! The driver seat height is cool also, you pump your chair up or down. Also that fast that you can see all the gas, coolant and oil specs with a push of a button.

The back seats are kind of thin, I would make them a little more meaty for comfort.

Great little car
By cobalt

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used <10000 miles, now have 54000, aside from tires and oil changes no repairs needed. Have had many people of other makes ride in it all compliment the ride. Great gas mileage, have gotten up to 37 highway on extended trips, mostly around 32 daily.

Different material for seating that dosen't show spots, and offer windows and locks standard like some other cars for the same price.

This car is so fun to drive
By SEXYmans19

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought this car I've had no real common problems. But a lot of people have giving me a lot of compliments on the car. The gas mileage is great. I had 36.5 mpg before I accidently reset it.

Gas mileage and looks

A little wind noise on the highway

This car is so underrated
By Kim

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I get 35-36 on the highway often more. I get 26-27 in the city/burbs. I think people need to get beyond the car the Cobalt replaces and enjoy this car. It is very cute and I get compliments from all ages. I know it isn't a luxury car but it is fun for non-hot rodders of all ages, that doesn't mean you are boring either. Put a fin on a car and it is a sports car

Gas mileage and looks. Some colors look better than others. Very simple to learn.

I get a bit of wind noise on the highway

I got a lemon
By Rebelsbaby

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt brand new with 12 miles on it. From day one it has been nothing but problems. It is in the shop 22 times in the first 30 days because the air conditioning was leaking in the floor board. I called GM and they refused to do anything about it. After that I had to have 4 gear shifts replaced and the linkage in my transmission replaced. It also had electrical issues but everytime I took iot in the dealer could not pull the code because the computer automatically reset itself when you turn off the car. I will never own another one

Does get good gae mileage on long trips

Just build it to last more than 2 years