Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Most Helpful|
Dangerous car with huge blind spot
By Ryan

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The coupe gets great gas mileage and I should have got the sedan. This car is very dangerous to switch lanes as the rear window is extremely small and you can barely see out of it when checking your blind spot. You'll probably want to get one of those small round mirrors to put on the side mirror or cut off the roof (of course not possible, but sure would be safer) as I'm hesitant to drive freeways unless my girlfriend is with me to check the traffic in the right lane.

Suggested Improvements

Chevy really needs to fix their blind spot. Especially in such a small car, it's almost crucial to see your blind spots and if it wasn't for that, it would be an okay car.

Great, affordable car
By mrd232

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got a 2005 LS Cobalt as a lease while in college. After 34,645 miles, I have had no problems with the car. The only service the car has required are regular oil changes, seasonal maintenance, tire rotation, and yearly inspection. I have only had one issue - on occasion, CDs will stick in the player and it will return an error. They usually eject after pressing the button several times or turning the radio on and off. All in all a great car for the money. Excellent gas mileage, does well on road trips, has low road noise, and the computer gages are great for tracking gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Spoiler, computer gauges, mileage

Suggested Improvements

Jazz up the interior a bit, and provide a more comfortable bucket seats.

worst car
By danny olsen

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my cobalt last year and ever since i have had problems with it i had to replace the radio twice cause it always said (lock or error) the power steering went out the ac started licking the bolt joint on both front wheel broke of there is still a knocking sound in both front wheel and i had a recall last week about it but the warranty is over now. That is for sure the last time i will purchase a GM product. IN SHORT STAY AWAY FROM THAT CAR. WORST CAR EVER.

Favorite Features

comfortable

Suggested Improvements

everything

It's the best car I've owned so far
By riker93

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 Cobalt 2 door in March 2011. It had 54,000 miles on it, and it ran like a brand new car. It has all the options, except a sunroof. My son drove it for his summer job, and the engine did fail, but it was fixed through the extended service contract I purchased. Only paid the $100 deductable, and a new engine was installed. Now it runs even better than before! It still looks like a new car, not one spot of rust at 8 years old. I'm now driving the car, and I have a 2010 model, cause I really like this style of car. They both run beautiful, and I have all the maintainence done as the manufacturer recommends.

Favorite Features

I like the sporty look of the 2 door coup, I have the rear spoiler, and it makes the car look so cool.

Suggested Improvements

The interior did have some paint chipping on the plastic parts, but my son took care of that, by painting them, and now it looks awesome!

2005 Chevy Cobalt major problems
By shadow076

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

On 6/22/14, I was coming home from Philadelphia and while on the Brunswick Highway, my 2005 Chevy Cobalt's dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree and I lost my power steering, traction control, brakes, abs, engine lock, door locks were clicking on and off and I had to pull over 4 times off the highway. My odometer didn't work either. This also made my transmission jerk and slip. It was so bad that when it was switching gears, it was making my entire car shake. I was afraid for my life. I nearly crashed into a semi-truck because my brakes and power steering didn't work. Also, I couldn't go below 65mph on the highway because the transmission was slipping. I made it home but I was still shocked