Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Worst Purchase Ever Made
By Candyce

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst decision I ever made. $18,000 down the drain. 3 days after I drove the Cobalt off of the lot, one of the fog lights went out. 2 weeks later, the other went out. The CD player often reads "ERR" and refuses to work, or says "NONE" when there is a CD in there, and won't eject the CD. A month after buying it, the front rims fell apart and my front grill is hanging half-way off. My emergency break and high beams lights flash/stay-on randomly when NEITHER are in use. And after only 17,000 k mi, the transmission went up. This car is of the cheapest quality and was the poorest investment I have ever made. Two thumbs down to the 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt.

Favorite Features

Mine came with the optional body kit and rims, which is just about the only nice thing. The digital mileage display is also nice.

Suggested Improvements

Cheap interior quality. There's no power locks, windows, seats, or mirrors. This is 2005, get it together. Stereo is of the worst quality. Not mechanically sound; I feel like I'm driving a huge Lego.

Cobalt:>)
By CP

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE IT! It is a fantastic car. I heard it is called the "Little Vette" and it deserves the nickname. Extremely happy with my Cobalt:>)

FUN, FUN, FUN.....needs a tiny tweak.
By mdillman

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I love this car - I won the car in a contest and decided before I took delivery the sport coupe was not for me. I test drove 10 cars at least and still could not find anything I liked better than this sporty coupe. Fast, quiet and smooth. Mileage averages 28-30 and the dashboard readout is a nice option. This would be a great car for my teenager, but I don't want to turn it loose!

Favorite Features

Smooth ride is superb for a small car. Corners great, super pick up and sound system very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more standard amenities. Manual windows - are you kidding me? Window cranks are also oddly placed for a tall driver. More compartments on dash area and standard locks & windows are a must for next edition.

Mid life crisis car. Gotta love it
By mary

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Out of all the cars i've ever owned, this one takes the cake, with frosting. Now that the nest is empty, I no longer needed a four door car, so I purchased the 2 door coupe. The Rally Yellow adds zest to the style of the car and I feel like a new me zipping around town. This was the best birthday gift I've ever gotten myself

Favorite Features

What a system the car has, a envy of all teens and Generation X.

LS Coupe with Sport Package
By mjoconn

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Surprising attributes for a compact car from GM. Solid firm ride without any harshness. Quiet, quieter than my wife's Buick LeSabre. Resonable power for a car that gets 35 MPG on the highway. So far I'm getting around 27.4 MPG driving around town. (according to the trip computer) Would like to have the S/C engine in this car but don't want the stiff suspension and sky-high spoiler.

Favorite Features

Sound system, the Pioneer speakers w/sub-woofer and XM/CD/MP3 are fantastic, easily the best sound system in any Chevy I have ever owned. I like the auto headlights, door locks, window down and alarm. Nice detailing on the instrument cluster and the trip computer/driver information center is sweet

Suggested Improvements

More power, (S/C) option on any model would be great. Lower stance