2005 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
My Cobalt Coupe
By Dave on 06/17/07 18:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Chevy Cobalt LS coupe is an awesome car! I bought mine in late '05 and it came with everything except a sunroof and the supercharger but even the basic models of the Cobalt are fun cars to own. It has great acceleration for a 4cyl. and the Ecotec engine is very dependable. So far the most mileage I have gotten out of a tank of gas is 359 miles but the average is 280. It also has several after market parts for those who enjoy modifing. I highly recommend the upgraded 7 speaker Pioneer audio system, it packs an awesome punch. Overall this car is a great car and I highly recommend it.

Love my Cobalt
By psuphiman80 on 06/12/07 11:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Cobalt is a great utility car. It gets me from point A to point B in relative good style and comfort. I can't really think of anything bad about the car. I just wish I had put more options into it. Great for the tuner scene once there is a computer tune for the car.

Very Underrated
By Joel Hryniewicz on 06/08/07 15:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am always suprised to see how low the experts rate the Cobalt. I absolutely love this car! It has great looks, great gas mileage (35+ mpg), and is very comfortable. It seems to be a very well built car, and it is a blast to drive. If I had to buy a sport compact all over again, my choice would not change at all. GM did an excellent job in designing this car. Oh yeah, did I mention the great looks?

Must Have Car
By bongo on 06/04/07 17:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

The car is great, handling is awsome. Stock tires don't last long but they seem to grip the road very well. Very responsive throttle and the supercharger is the best ever. I would recommend the car to anyone who ask me what I think of it.

My Red Cobalt
By bitterdelight on 04/30/07 10:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I like my car. I've had it just over a year. It's cute and runs well. I have had a couple of small issues that were covered by warranty and were not much of a pain at all. I get great gas mileage 38.2 freeway and 29.4 in town. That's good if you ask me. It has plenty of room for my son's carseat and fun to accessorieze too. It's my family car that's still sporty.

Better luck next time
By nomochevy on 04/04/07 14:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I had a 2005 ss/sc and it was a fun car to drive but after having to get the shift knob fixed 5 times and the seats starting to crack from the cheap leather, I went back to Honda a now own a 2007 si sedan and am not looking back. The fit and finish are so much better and it looks like a better built car.

Power Steering Problems
By Beware! on 03/16/07 20:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had several problems with it. Some aren't life threatening (like the power windows not working and the brake light flashing), but I've had a MAF Sensor short which caused the car to stop running while I was doing 60-65 MPH and the steering locked up. Fortunately, the car started back up. I've recently dealt with another steering issue. I was driving down an uneven/bumpy road and a "power steering" message came up on the information panel and the speedometer went out. The steering became very mushy and it was difficult to control the car. I've also dealt with the car not starting and the cab filling with gas fumes. There has been severe hesitation and loss of power when the A/C is on.

Dont buy this car
By akztraylor on 02/22/07 18:05 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for less than 2 years and it has been in the shop 7 times now. I am very disapointed in this car. I thought this would be a better car to own, now I can't wait to get rid of it!

What a car!
By bizman on 02/19/07 12:13 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have an early production model 2005 LS 4 door with all the options except a sunroof. It has the sport package with an auto tranny. I have been getting 38 mpg hwy and avg 31.4 mpg city/hwy. I love this car! So far with almost 30,000 miles and 2 deer hits, I've had no complaints and no problems. Just regular oil changes.

Cornbread's toy
By cornbread on 01/19/07 20:58 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The salesman was very nice. I told him my payment range and what I liked. He pointed to a silver Cobalt, then a yellow one. The yellow LS Coupe was my choice. This is the most fun vehicle I have owned. I have added ground effects, dual exhaust, cold-air intake, strut tower bar, and hopefully bigger wheels soon. I have had no warranty problems. This is a very reliable and enjoyable car to own and drive.