2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Love My Cobalt
By Dee on 01/10/06 14:18 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I live on Long Island where we have all 4 seasons. I have had no problem driving in rain or snow. I picked up the car in mid February 2005 and the following week we had quite a snow storm. The front wheel drive was great! No more getting stuck at work. I had an 85 Camaro which is rear-wheel and I always had trouble getting out of parking spaces at work--needed a push. And when I could, I would park with the nose out. With the Cobalt, it doesn't matter how I park. Of course it's easier to pull straight out, but so far I have no problem. My husband finally drove the car last week and he was quite surprised. Said the steering was solid--that's a compliment.

Cobalt LS Sedan
By Dee Page on 01/03/06 20:34 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am very impressed with the handling of this car. The car really hugs the road and there isn't any feeling of "losing" the back end in a sharp curve. I get better gas mileage than what is shown on the window sticker. The seats are firm and offer proper support. There is plenty of room and can get all my errands ran in one day. You get a lot of car for the money and is worth every penny.

My Red Cobalt
By RedCobaltLS on 01/03/06 16:51 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's a good car no problems yet? So far I've got 2800+ miles on it. I hope the next 5 yrs dont bring me pain..Knock on wood. But I'm finding out how hard it was to replace the headlight bulb. I wanted brighter lights and had to take off the whole headlight to gain access to the bulb. But other then that it's a good car.

Great Car
By Rick on 01/03/06 11:49 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, quick pick up, great handling, and I like the look of it, not to mention the gas mileage. A huge step up from my '03 Civic.

I do not recommend this car
By Lisa on 12/24/05 21:05 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

At first I liked this car but now it is my worst nightmare. I have had numerous problems with the ignition. The key does not turn back. First I was told it was the ignition switch, then it was the solenoid both were replaced. The ignition switch was replaced twice. The solenoid was replaced once. I was also told that the gear shifter cabled needed adjusted. That still didn't fix the problem. The last time I took it in they replace the shifter assembly. Hopefully this will work but I'm not holding my breath. If you ask me you shouldn't put a car on the market if you're not sure that it works. This car is poorly built and I think all of them should be pulled off and not sold anymore.

Great Small Car
By Chris H on 12/22/05 10:29 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased this car, upgrading from the 2000 Chevy Metro LSi (1.8L 4-cyl). I opted for the manual transmission with this car, instead of the automatic. Great car for the money! The car is much more responsive when you hit the gas, with no hesitation. The power seems like it would be for a much larger car. Fuel economy is fantastic! With most of my driving on the highway, I am getting around 35-36 mpg. The info display is a novelty, but useful. Only design negative I find is the headrest design. It feels like your head is being pushed forward, and is uncomfortable. Overall, a very good car.

Cobalt's rule
By jess77 on 11/15/05 07:28 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I like my car it is fast and fun to drive. It gets better gas mileage than they say as well I get thirty seven to forty and I drive 1000 miles or more each week I live in my car because of work or it is my office you might say.

I love this car!
By Rick on 11/10/05 10:49 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 Cobalt ls in August as a "used car" with 1600 miles on it. It was a lease vehicle and i think I got a steal on it. brand new car (I consider 1600 miles just broken in for me), 3 year warranty, great fuel economy (hour and 20 minute drive to work every morning), and i got it all for 12,800! power windows, locks, cruise, tilt, and alloy wheels! never thought i'd get a deal like this. and the car has been very reliable, no problems with it, I've put 5000 miles on since I got it. It's also EXTREMELY fun to drive!

Nice economy car
By vr1000 on 10/31/05 10:44 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted to buy a small economy car that would be reliable and good for commuting and that was inexpensive. I paid $14,200 including sales tax for my Cobalt. You can't touch a Corolla or a Civic for that price. The Cobalt is reasonably peppy, turns well, brakes well and feels very solidly built. The clutch feel and shifter are excellent. The only beefs I have are the cup holders are right in front of the heating and A/C controls and the trunk lid is high so its a little hard to see when backing up.

Lemon
By Tammy on 10/19/05 14:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my car for 5 months now and it has been in the shop 4 times for the longest visit being a 2 and 1/2 weeks stretch. I have had the air- conditioning quit working after only three days of ownership. It has been in the shop for rack and pinion steering problems 3 times. Finally the cruise control also has been working only intermetiately.