2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Solid
By Jon on 04/28/05 19:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've driven some pretty awful cars, so I would have been happy with a well constructed cardboard box with a transmission. I would have liked an expensive V6, but the wallet didn't seem to agree with me. To my surprise though, this car's quality is way more than what I had anticipated for the price I paid. The design, overall power, drive quality, and value are exceptional. The coupe has a few blind spots in the back and my model doesn't have power windows (But is an LS...I don't have any clue how that happened...)

The new Cavalier
By Adam on 04/25/05 08:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned 2 Cavaliers both bought new, a 1991 with the 2.2 engine that had 151,000 and a 1994 3.1 that had 173,000. Both cars ran great and gave me little more than normal maintance repairs. So when I saw the Cobalt I said OK lets give it a try. Well the car is a dream to drive. It runs smooth and rides much better than a car this size normally would. Fit and finish are superior and with now 4,000 miles on it have yet to find anything that would require a trip back to the dealer. I bought this car for under 15,000 with taxes and tags.

First Two Weeks
By Maresha on 04/16/05 23:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I really like the look of the sport coupe with the rear spoiler. The tail lights on the sport coupe look sporty too, they remind me of Corvette tail lights. The sedan has different tail lights. It seems the rear of the sport coupe is a little higher than the sedan, & I like the angled rear lift appearance. The car handles & drives well for a 4 cylinder, considering I've driven a V6 300ZX for the past 15 years. It would be awesome if Chevrolet made the sedan with the same rear lift and taillights that the coupe has, because I think a car like that with the spoiler & moonroof would scream! After driving a 2+2 300ZX, I had wanted a four door, but went with the coupe because the look is so hot.

I Love My Cobalt
By Holly on 04/10/05 05:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've driven mostly larger vehicles with the exception of my Corvettes. I needed to have a gas economical car for my distance driving and was pushed to the Cobalt by my 19 year old son. I test drove the Cobalt and was impressed by the ride, comparing once again to the larger vehicles (SUV's) I've owned in the past. I was very impressed at the handling, solid feel and pick-up for a "4-banger". I love my new Cobalt and love my son for pushing me toward looking at it closer (although he would have preferred I bought the SS; what teenager would have thought differently). Great car for the money. Ten stars to Chevrolet on this one!

Good Quiet Car
By Tom on 04/07/05 10:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first car, and wow I LOVE IT! It has the most comfortable ride, and the Cobalt is very quiet but also fast at the same time. I recommend if you are looking for a nice car to drive, that you get a Chevy Cobalt

2005 Cobalt
By mark on 04/01/05 15:43 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just got my new Cobalt last week, it's a nice car to drive and has enough power. The only thing I don't like about it is there is not an engine temp gauge on the dash.

Bad Car
By Parrish Monroe on 03/21/05 06:05 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is awesome; the only thing i don't like about it is the headlights they are the ugly white color. I like the blue color better. This car reminders me if a Mustang in the back, well except the tail lights

COBALT LS1A
By TJB on 03/20/05 17:55 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very smooth ride and smooth acceleration. Excellent fuel economy.

My daughter's first car, Happy Sweet 16
By cobolt on 03/08/05 14:58 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My 16 year old daughter's first car. She tells me its the best car she has tried out so far, it's cool looking, stylish, and fits her well in terms of view to the road. (which to me is important as she has just received her license )

Awesome Car.
By Krystle on 03/07/05 20:35 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought mine but, i love it already. It really is a great car. It drives wonderfully. It handles great. Looks sporty for a great price.