Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Cornbread's toy
By cornbread

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The salesman was very nice. I told him my payment range and what I liked. He pointed to a silver Cobalt, then a yellow one. The yellow LS Coupe was my choice. This is the most fun vehicle I have owned. I have added ground effects, dual exhaust, cold-air intake, strut tower bar, and hopefully bigger wheels soon. I have had no warranty problems. This is a very reliable and enjoyable car to own and drive.

Factory stereo system is great. Rides very smoothly. Awesome body design.

Only improvement would be acceleration performance from dead stop.

Lemon
By unhappy

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My vehicle has given me nothing but problems. My key continued to get stuck in the ignition and I had to take my car to get fixed 6 or 7 times until it was right. When I bought the car my bumper was not put on correctly. I have also had 4 different interior problems. The paint on the stereo came off, the fake chrome on the door handles was coming apart, the paint on the door pocket that you pull to close the door was chipping, and the carpet on the door was cut too short. I think the car is poorly made.

Loyal to GM
By Beanie

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Coming from a long line of GM owners, and not able to pass on "employee discount" offer, I decided fuel economy and style were #1 considerations. I chose the Cobalt LS 5-speed. Am getting 28.5MPG only if I drive like Grandma, but it's better than GMC Jimmy was achieving. Fun car despite only a 4 cyl, but wouldn't get an automatic! Performance doesn't compare to my old '88 Z24 5-speed, but I'm still getting there in style and on less gas.

Premium sound system w/10" woofer in trunk really rocks! Handling is good, so is acceleration. Like the fuel economy, but it could be better, so I don't love it. Huge trunk, but opening is too small.

Needs rear window wiper! Seats too hard and don't hug you. Raw edges of fabric exposed, inside molding rattles-bad assembly. And what were they thinking putting fabric on door arm rests and vinyl on vertical door parts? First time I opened door in rain, resulted in fabric separation from foam.

Fun at a low price tag
By kris

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a fun cruise around the city and it has a whole lot of acceleration. It lacks a little in the handling but it makes up in the style and design.

The body design and the engines power have to be my favorite features.

What needs to be improved is the handling and it needs a better interior and a little faster acceleration.

Fun Fuel Efficient Vehicle
By Eric

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car. Owned for 4 months now and put 3000 miles on it. Got 25mpg in winter and now with 50 degree spring weather im up to 29.9mph according to the digital read out. The 2.2L engine gives it plenty of get up and go. Purchased the base model 2 door, with only power locks and keyless entry. Good buy for under $14,000. No mechical problems so far except a computer upgrade that was needed for the crankshaft sensor.

Digital readout: trip, coolant, mileage, oil life, avg speed and MPG. The back end of the 2 door coupe cobalts really suckered me into buying it. I love how the rear of the car looks more than any other car.

Need better OEM tires. Had my stock ones replaced. Were an accident waiting to happen in winter. If your going to be driving in winter were you received snow accumulations of a foot or more just overnight I recommend a different car. There just isn't enough ground clearence.