2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Sporty at 40
By angel on 07/15/05 22:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After driving an SUV for seven years,and the gas prices steadily rising, I had to get a more compact car. This is my first "sports car" and I really love it! I have all the bells and whistles that were offered. I have to get used to driving a smaller vehicle all over again. This car handles really well. People comment that it looks similar to a Mustang or a Cougar.

Fun Car
By kram nala on 07/07/05 22:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I only got the base model, but this is a great sporty economy car, not an economy sports car -- there is a difference. It handles well and is fun to drive. I haven't opened it up yet, but heard from another Cobalt driver that highway speeds close to 100 miles are easily attainable. Not bad for a 2.2L motor. I've had a number of comments like, "sharp car" in the weeks I've owned it.

So far so good...
By Mollie on 06/27/05 18:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm quite impressed with the performance of my little Chevy Cobalt. My husband & myself are both over 6 feet tall & we have comfortable leg room. I have the LS sport, but my display gauges aren't white, not sure how it happened

Money Saving Coupe
By Mike on 06/25/05 09:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I leased this car have been having a blast driving it ever since. The stylish look and the awesome fuel economy are its two best features. The new 2005 paint scheme is a brilliant blue granite metallic that terns heads everywhere I drive. The peppy 2.2 engine really surprises me especially in 3rd gear 35mph to 60mph in a heartbeat, makes getting on the freeway a breeze. I currently commute 54 miles one way to work, so the fuel economy was exactly what I needed. It gets 34 mpg just as the sticker at the dealership stated, and in my opinion, looks far better than the Civic and for far less money.

Cute Car, Decent Price
By Tiffany on 06/22/05 11:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I had an 01Ranger Edge.. it consumed SO much gas, and with these prices it was killing me. I looked into the Colbalt and after a long decision made good, I decided to get the car. It drives very smooth and its an awesome car to take out on the interstate for a long drive. The amount gas that it consumes is great as well. The pick-up speed is decent considering it has a small engine. If you're wanting a nice compact car for a decent price, try out the Colbalt!

Don't Complain Until You Drive It
By Nathan7771 on 06/10/05 13:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is an amazing vehicle. The 1st American car I've owned in years. I needed something that would provide good mileage in these outrageous gas-priced times, but didn't expect an inexpensive car to provide the class, comfort and quality that the Cobalt does! Exceptionally well designed and engineered. Fit, finish and workmanship rival the cars from Japan and Germany that I've owned. The powertrain is an absolute joy. The Ecotec 4 mated to the 5 speed manual work perfectly together providing spunk and great economy. Then there's the 7 speaker Pioneer sound system. Smooth, very quiet, exceptional build quality, it's all here!

Black shows more dirt.. I like dirt!
By Lori K on 06/01/05 17:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a black car this time around, even though they show more dirt. The paint seems softer than most already soft black paint and has already spider webbed, and nicked. Despite it being the first year for the Cobalt, it seems to only have minor interior problems. The material from under the door pull wasn't stretched very well. And I have had to get a whole new inner panel because of it. It has an upgraded radio face, and sounds much better then other Chevy cars. It handles very well. I live in Ohio, where it snows more than it's sunny. I bought the car April first which was a few days before our last big snow storm. I found out its handling capabilities very soon!

Awesome car...I love It!
By HLMcD on 05/26/05 21:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because my son thought it was "sick"...being a good thing....I needed a fuel economy car and haven't had a "car" for many, many years to drive on a daily basis...except for my Corvette. This is a really comfortable, sporty, fun car to drive and I'm very happy I bought it! The stereo with Pioneer speakers kicks and it's got quite a lot of spirit for a 4 cylinder car. I love it, love it, love it!

Excellent commuter car
By Robert Russin on 05/10/05 08:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is good looking, fun to drive, handles great, and can carry an a lot with the split seats down too. I'm very happy with the car. I like it more each time I drive it. I have a 2003 50th Anniversary Corvette and a 2005 Z71 Tahoe. I have been happy with Chevy products and the dealership I bought them from. The Cobalt is for my daily commute from Maryland into Virginia that was costing way too much to drive my Tahoe with gas prices the way they have become lately.

Hot rod
By wjdodg on 05/01/05 13:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got the sports package with my Cobalt for another $1645. My favorite things it comes with is the XM satelitte radio free for three months and the white faced sport gauges. This is a very fun car to drive, also very appealing to look at. I've heard alot of negative things about the spoiler, but I like it. You will see the younger generation driving this car, definitely not a family car. Chevy did a good job with this one. They will be very competitive with the Hondas and Toyotas of the world. Maybe not take over but they have a good start. Last thing my dealer said was " you've got yourself a real hot rod".