2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews 5

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
I love it!
By nutmega380 on 12/04/07 05:42 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. I have driven it everywhere. It has made a trip from Mobile to Cali and from Cali to Cincinnati. I have put mass miles on this car in the two years I have owned it. I love the comfort, the power (for a 4C) and the stero is awesome! So glad I picked this car! My last new vehicle was an S- 10, and that ended up in the shop 4 times with repairs. So far this will be the first time I have had issues!

I love my Cobalt
By march on 11/15/07 13:40 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I normally drive much more expensive cars, trading in a supercharged Grand Prix GTP for this Cobalt 2.5 years ago, but I think this little car is great! Fantastic mileage, very comfortable on long drives, an automatic transmission that shifts perfectly, good power, good stereo, fun to drive, great visibility and versatile. I normally lease new cars every 3 years, but am planning to buy this one when the lease is up. I've had the key stuck in the ignition, but that's really the only problem and it's an easy inexpensive fix if you know how. The selling dealer's service department is very poor, but I've found another nearby that's far better

My Red Cobalt
By bitterdelight on 04/30/07 10:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I like my car. I've had it just over a year. It's cute and runs well. I have had a couple of small issues that were covered by warranty and were not much of a pain at all. I get great gas mileage 38.2 freeway and 29.4 in town. That's good if you ask me. It has plenty of room for my son's carseat and fun to accessorieze too. It's my family car that's still sporty.

Power Steering Problems
By Beware! on 03/16/07 20:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had several problems with it. Some aren't life threatening (like the power windows not working and the brake light flashing), but I've had a MAF Sensor short which caused the car to stop running while I was doing 60-65 MPH and the steering locked up. Fortunately, the car started back up. I've recently dealt with another steering issue. I was driving down an uneven/bumpy road and a "power steering" message came up on the information panel and the speedometer went out. The steering became very mushy and it was difficult to control the car. I've also dealt with the car not starting and the cab filling with gas fumes. There has been severe hesitation and loss of power when the A/C is on.

Dont buy this car
By akztraylor on 02/22/07 18:05 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for less than 2 years and it has been in the shop 7 times now. I am very disapointed in this car. I thought this would be a better car to own, now I can't wait to get rid of it!

What a car!
By bizman on 02/19/07 12:13 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have an early production model 2005 LS 4 door with all the options except a sunroof. It has the sport package with an auto tranny. I have been getting 38 mpg hwy and avg 31.4 mpg city/hwy. I love this car! So far with almost 30,000 miles and 2 deer hits, I've had no complaints and no problems. Just regular oil changes.

Think twice
By lil mah on 11/02/06 02:16 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

At first the car was cool, however the problems began within 2 months. It's too small. The interior plastic paint chips. Factory (Perelli) tires are awfull in the winter. Rear light panel shorted out completely after two times in the shop to replace all back lights. The front end pulls to the left. Had the right passenger side axle and cv joint and boot replaced and it still still pulls to the left. The rental cars are better than my car. The wind blows you across the freeway. There's no leg room for your passengers, you feel like clowns. Tends to guzzle gas for a small car. It needs bigger rear windows (too much of a blind side) The suspension stinks. A poorly made car.

'05 Pocket Rocket
By geebsz on 10/27/06 14:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a wonderful car for me. I'm a bit of a spirited driver, and this little car with the upgraded suspension and wheels makes it a trip to drive. I've added a Magnaflow catback exhaust and a K&N filter, but even before that the car was great. Going from a Tahoe to this was a treat in the gas mileage department too. With as many miles as I've put into it and as hard as I've driven it, it's done very well. Some things to watch for: The shifter may have to be replaced to fix the problem of getting the key out when putting it in park. The passenger rear quarter window seal leaks. The sunroof switch bezel fell off. All of these things are easy fixes for the local dealership.

Great for the money
By Greg A on 10/13/06 19:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Compared it to the Cavilier, Malibu, Focus, and Aveo. Drives as nice as the Malibu for the money of the Focus. I use to have a '99 Prizm, and (so far) the Cobalt is holding up as well. It handles decent, gets good mileage (25.5 mix HWY/CITY), and is a very quiet ride compared to others of this size/price. I can get A-Plan on the Ford products, but still chose the Chevy. This is not a redesigned Cavilier! Much nicer. No rattles and no squeaks after 36K miles!

Fun little car to drive
By Jimbo on 09/27/06 12:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Downsizing from a '97 Caravan was an adjustment, but so far, I have been happy with the car. Only hiccup so far has been a muffler that ran hot, but the dealer fixed, no problem. The car is fun to drive. I love the overall feel of the car. It is also very quiet inside. I find myself checking the tach to make sure the engine is still running.The gas mileage has been better than I expected. The interior layout is pretty good. The standard radio is very impressive for stock issue. The stock Continental tires are OK, but there are much better out there. Shop around.