2005 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Good car
By Kelly84 on 02/22/09 19:03 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I leased my Cobalt in 2005 and enjoyed having the car. I loved the gas mileage and turning radius that it had. I didn't like that the paint chipped within 2 weeks around the stereo. The door pull handle in the car broke off and I was cut badly many times.

two ton paperweight
By Leah on 02/07/09 11:17 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i previously had a 97 grand am and i think that ran better than the cobalt sometimes, considering it had over 180,000 miles on it. i just don't get how you all get like 45 miles a gallon geeez thats unreal well i only get 21.1 right now. it's around 25 in the summertime. well the only problems ive brought to a shop were the alignment and tire balance. the tires that come with it are no good and had constnat slow leaks. it also has a problem with the radio oncce in a while it works when it wants to. i dont like how it didnt come with floormats either. anyways ive got in 3 accidents since getting this car and it still runs decently.

Great car
By brnwrng on 02/02/09 07:55 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced my 05 Cavalier for an 05 Cobalt after the Cavalier was wrecked in a car accident. The Cobalt is everything the Cavalier was and more. It has great fuel mileage and has more power. The interior is a great upgrade from the Cavalier.

Trustworthy
By John on 01/20/09 04:23 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This has been one my better vehicles ever. Except for a factory replacement of the fuel level sending unit a few days after purchase, (it wasn't gauging correctly), I've had no problems. My wife uses it for a 50 mile daily commute and it keeps on going. It still runs like brand new and drives as straight as new, hasn't needed an alignment as of yet.

Chevy Cobalts. Good Gas Mileage. Reliable
By Mike on 11/02/08 09:16 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I own a 2005 Chevy Cobalt LT 4 Door sedan, and I must say that this car has been extremely reliable. I average about 800 - 1000 miles a week driving on this car for work, and it has held up well. It currently has 166,000 miles on it and no major work needed. I don't care what people say about Chevy and GM, they do make wonderful cars. We also own a 2001 Malibu with 232,000 miles on it. An 2006 Equinox with only 19,000 miles on it and a new 2009 Cadillac CTS. All have required only minor work and maintenance done to them. If you keep up with the maintenance they will be reliable cars. We have twins that will be driving soon, and they will be getting the ever reliable Malibu and Cobalt

It's a gamble
By Gene on 10/22/08 05:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Based on the other reviews it's clear that if you get a sound Cobalt it's a good purchase. The car my wife and I bought was dangerous right off the bat. Aprox. 2 weeks after purchase while going 40-45 mph the car died. A wiring harness had to be replaced. Since then it's been back to the dealership for numerous repairs.

It's OK, if you have no other choice
By Leona on 10/04/08 20:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car 4 years ago (in January) and when the lease is up, it's gone! Don't get me wrong, the car gets great mileage, and it's fun to just step on the gas and go! But it's a really light vehicle, and I get afraid of driving thru a puddle on the highway. I've had to bring it to get fixed twice, and it's had a recall. The gas gauge also never says that the tank is completely full, something that's evidently a recurring, "accepted", problem for Chevy cars..

So happy
By kayla on 08/26/08 09:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Cobalt for 2 reasons. It's mileage was 10x better then my Jeep, and secondly my boyfriend who happens to be 6'5 could actually drive it. It's great for long trips and does wonderful in Indiana's winter season.

This car has been fantastic!
By Brent on 07/13/08 23:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife brand new and we currently have 37,000 miles on it. Other than having the key get stuck in the ignition (fixed under warranty) and replacing front brake pads, we haven't touched the car. It gets great gas mileage and looks good to boot. Could'nt ask for anything better.

Buy a Scion or Civic
By marspiter on 07/10/08 07:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my wife's car and she puts less then your average yearly mileage on the car. When she first bought the car it was a wonderful. In fact I actually found myself sneaking it time to time for little trips to the store. In terms of reliability. Well that's the sour point of this car. This is a list of the items that have been fixed since the car was new. Throttle body malfunctioned, Sunroof has broke and come off track twice, Every button in the interior has broke at least once. Have replaced the sunroof bezel 4 times. Electrical short in trunk that killed the electrical system. Final thoughts: Fun to drive, good gas mileage, horrible reliability. Will trade for a Honda Civic.