Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged

SS 2.0L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (31 reviews )

Drive at your own risk
By Moms

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

This is actually my 20 year old daughter's car, and she loves it. But, it does take premium gas, and she drives it like a race car. She has the tickets and high insurance to prove it. So use it with caution. Rally yellow does tend to draw attention of all kinds.

Favorite Features

The front seats are bi-color leather and snugly. It is fast and sporty (even a mom can appreciate that.)

Suggested Improvements

GM needs to make something this spunky that would appeal to the older crowd, i.e.seats that are easier to get in and out of.

Good concept, poor execution
By Brian

Poor build quailty! I've had nothing but problems with this car. I bought this over the SRT-4 and regret it. Its been in the shop once a month since I got it.

Favorite Features

Great performance!

Suggested Improvements

Build quality, better paint, better leather quality.

Go and get this car! Now!
By BaltOwner

I was a Cavalier Z24 owner before this car and this is, in my opinion, the best car that I have ever owned. Its fast, fun to drive, and it has a SuperCharger! I don't see any others on the road so that is a plus as well. I normally drive a lot and when I had the Cavalier, I was very fatigued when I got to my destination. Not in this car, I still am amped up when I get there and I just want to get back out and drive it. Only put in 91+ octane in the tank, anything less and you don't get the performance.

Favorite Features

The SuperCharger of course. The radio, 18in wheels, sunroof, The D.I.C. is pretty cool as well and the rear spoiler. I don't see any others on the road.

Suggested Improvements

More instrument gauges, center arm rest, adjustable height spoiler, and a 15 to 16 gallon fuel tank would be super. Never put in an Navigation system, DVD System, or anything to make it heavier. Less weight = Performance.

Dont listen to those who dont own one
By #1cobaltdriver

Well let's see, this car is fast! Also it is a great deal as far as bang for the buck. Gas mileage is also a plus if drive like me you will get around 25 mpg but you can get up to 30 mpg. If you're looking for a fast car you need this car. "Sleeper" is a great term to describe this car because there you don't see many and no one really knows what they are capable of doing since they are a new model... so go test drive one and be impressed

Favorite Features

My favorite features of the Cobalt are the fun exhuast, short throw shifter, leather seats, the great acceleration, and the great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

I have a couple of suggestions for this car, one is another overdrive. Six gears would improve cruising RPM's and increase the already great gas mileage. Also I would like less vibrating pieces caused by the subwoofer. Other than these this car is wonderful... check it out!

Chevy Tech./Owner point of view
By NJBLUESS

Very suprised by the cars capabilaties from the first test drive. Power is consistant (no dead spots/lag), but really loves rpms in the 4k+ range. Handling, this car will corner with confidence, there is very little understeer,if any. Response is crisp and accurate to quick manuavers. The G85/performance package is a must for the spirited driver.The LSD pulles the car through corners under accelleration.The Racero seats are snug fitting and keep you in position in turns,so larger people have complained of discomfort.I have driven all the styles of Cobalts and can say there is no comparison to the SS/SC w/G85. For reliability, I've seen very few problems at my shop. Nothing unusual.