2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged - Consumer Reviews

SS 2.0L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (31 reviews )
This car is awesome!!
By Rich Gregor on 11/27/05 17:35 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

This car has it all! I'm getting over 24 mpg, it accelerates like a sports car, goes around corners like it's on rails, is loaded with equipment, and looks great to boot! The best all around car I have ever owned (and I've owned over 30)by far. Plus I got it for less than $18,000 after incentives and GM card rebates. Proof that there is hope for GM after all, if they can only build more cars with this level of performance and value in one package.

It's Worth it!
By FC on 07/21/05 19:58 PM (PDT)

I had a WRX before the SS. Although the WRX runs better test numbers, everyday driving wasn't as fun as the SS, because there wasn't much going on below 4000 RPM. I don't know about everyone else, but American engines always hold a place in my heart because of low end torque. L.E.T. is what I find fun when I'm driving around. I drove an S2000 a while back and although it was a "refined" car (whatever that means), I didn't feel that great about it because just driving around, it was like driving an old Civic. Why? Because you have to rev that engine up to the sky to have fun. High RPM is cool for the track, but I'll take torque from a car like the Cobalt SS when I'm going to the store.

Excellent choice for the money
By dwilburn on 06/29/05 14:50 PM (PDT)

This car performs with cars 2 or 3 times the cost. It is fun to drive and gets excellent gas mileage. I am averaging around 27 mpg (city and highway combined). A real affordable sporty car.

SS
By Alberto on 05/26/05 12:46 PM (PDT)

Great car. Fun to drive. Comfy and accomodating interior. The exterior is sporty, yet livable. Ergonomics are great, nothing is out of reach. The shifter fits perfectly in your hand and requires only short throws. Effortless clutch activation and great brakes! No need to rev to the red line for power, the supercharger has almost no lag and kicks in low in the rpm range for great torque at low rpm's. Shifter sometimes feels a bit spongy and hesitant, but overall, a great car, worthy of its SS insignia. Only 91 or above octane fuel on this car, anything less is a waste. 93 octane fuels work a miracle on this little four-banger. Not faster than the SRT-4 but certainly much more civilized and refined.

A-
By Ron on 04/15/05 00:35 AM (PDT)

Have only owned the car for a little while. You get a lot of car for the price. Good gas mileage. Perfect for a young person wanting a sporty car at a cheap price. Ride quality is much better than I expected out of a small car. I have always had good service out of GM's four cylinder engines. Much better than the v-6's.

By JOE on 02/05/05 20:37 PM (PST)

Still new but lots of fun to drive! Quiet interior sound.

Chevy Cobalt
By Brent Tuag on 01/24/05 13:03 PM (PST)

This is one of the cars to drive this year. It has great handling and its supercharger really kick in.

Giving the SRT-4 a run for it's money!
By Jeff on 01/12/05 12:10 PM (PST)

It's fast, fun, and corners great! It looks good as well. It's about time Chevrolet put out something that's affordable and fast.

Sporty, But Not SS Material.
By Gunsnroses572 on 11/15/04 18:26 PM (PST)

It was a fun ride, but still not SS material, I have never thought of a SS tag on a four-cylinder car, and after driving this, I don't think the SS tag belongs on it, maybe if it was a 6 cylinder but no little 4 banger, if I were chevrolet, I'd never produce the SS version for this car, and maybe give up the SS tag because nothing they put the tag on lives up to its name. Maybe they should think about putting it on the corvette

MUSCLE CAR ?
By pappachubby on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I'M A 50 YR.OLD GUY THAT WAS PART OF THE "MUSCLE CAR " ERA AND HAVE OWNED SS396 CAMAROS AND A 71 SS454/450 CHEVELLE AND ALTHOUGH THIS ISN'T IN THAT CATEGORY IT IS ABOUT AS CLOSE AS I'VE COME. IT IS FAST ! ! ! FUN TO DRIVE AND DOESN'T LOOK BAD EITHER. THE FIT AND FINISH IS SUPERB ! BRAVO CHEVY !