Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Great Car
By Rick

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, quick pick up, great handling, and I like the look of it, not to mention the gas mileage. A huge step up from my '03 Civic.

Gas Pedal and Steering wheel

Offer more choices in interior fabrics and colors. Everything else is great!

Dangerous car with huge blind spot
By Ryan

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The coupe gets great gas mileage and I should have got the sedan. This car is very dangerous to switch lanes as the rear window is extremely small and you can barely see out of it when checking your blind spot. You'll probably want to get one of those small round mirrors to put on the side mirror or cut off the roof (of course not possible, but sure would be safer) as I'm hesitant to drive freeways unless my girlfriend is with me to check the traffic in the right lane.

Chevy really needs to fix their blind spot. Especially in such a small car, it's almost crucial to see your blind spots and if it wasn't for that, it would be an okay car.

I do not recommend this car
By Lisa

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

At first I liked this car but now it is my worst nightmare. I have had numerous problems with the ignition. The key does not turn back. First I was told it was the ignition switch, then it was the solenoid both were replaced. The ignition switch was replaced twice. The solenoid was replaced once. I was also told that the gear shifter cabled needed adjusted. That still didn't fix the problem. The last time I took it in they replace the shifter assembly. Hopefully this will work but I'm not holding my breath. If you ask me you shouldn't put a car on the market if you're not sure that it works. This car is poorly built and I think all of them should be pulled off and not sold anymore.

None

Pull all cars off and don't sell them anymore.

Great Small Car
By Chris H

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased this car, upgrading from the 2000 Chevy Metro LSi (1.8L 4-cyl). I opted for the manual transmission with this car, instead of the automatic. Great car for the money! The car is much more responsive when you hit the gas, with no hesitation. The power seems like it would be for a much larger car. Fuel economy is fantastic! With most of my driving on the highway, I am getting around 35-36 mpg. The info display is a novelty, but useful. Only design negative I find is the headrest design. It feels like your head is being pushed forward, and is uncomfortable. Overall, a very good car.

Eco-tech engine, with oil life monitor. High fuel economy. Small but powerful engine.

Change the headrest design, as it is quite uncomfortable.

Chevy Tech./Owner point of view
By NJBLUESS

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Very suprised by the cars capabilaties from the first test drive. Power is consistant (no dead spots/lag), but really loves rpms in the 4k+ range. Handling, this car will corner with confidence, there is very little understeer,if any. Response is crisp and accurate to quick manuavers. The G85/performance package is a must for the spirited driver.The LSD pulles the car through corners under accelleration.The Racero seats are snug fitting and keep you in position in turns,so larger people have complained of discomfort.I have driven all the styles of Cobalts and can say there is no comparison to the SS/SC w/G85. For reliability, I've seen very few problems at my shop. Nothing unusual.