2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews 23

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Strong Recomendation
By Daniel on 02/18/05 20:31 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy this car. This is my first brand new car purchase and bought it without any research, and to be honest, I almost didn't test drive it. I was very attracted to its design and at the moment, that is all that matter. I was wrong though, there is much more to it. It handles well, has lots of pep, and is extremely quiet. I am a little disapointed in the MPG, but my last car got over 400 mile to the tank so anything is an adjustment. Nonetheless, this is a phenomenal buy and I have never been more satisfied.

An Impressive Chevy...Finally
By Merc on 02/17/05 21:40 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car under a GM smartbuy...$2000 down and $65/month. I wanted something I could drive back and forth to work and get good gas mileage. But I got MUCH more. This car has NO options. But it comes with so much...A/C, CD player, tilt, rear defroster, auto on and off lights, etc. I'm very pleased with the power and refinement of the 2.2 ecotech engine...it's sneaky fast. The car is very composed and quiet on the road. It shifts effortlessly. If you're considering a small car, DRIVE this one....it's an eye opener!

An ACTUAL review
By Bob on 02/17/05 00:43 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

The Cobalt is, thankfully, a massive improvement over recent Cavaliers. The car just feels so *solid*, and I haven't felt that from a GM small car in years. I enjoy driving it even more than the Pontiac G6 I test drove, and I feel a lot more connected to the road than I did in the Mazda 3 when I test drove it. The interior is the nicest surprise, too -- all the high quality materials are just such a surprise considering the Cavalier's interior. You all should test drive this car, you won't be disappointed.

Star's Cobalt Review
By Star on 02/13/05 00:07 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great! For a small car, it has a LOT of room. You can actually sit comfortably in the back seat! The sound system is top notch and the mp3 player is an added bonus. This car handles great and has a lot of pickup. If you want a smaller car with room and speed...choose the cobalt.

Great Car
By Hanna on 02/08/05 18:20 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a 4-door sedan type model so I was stuck figuring which one to get: the new Cobalt, Corolla, or Mazda-3. Found out the Corolla was too pricey for even the most basic features and the Mazda-3 was very sporty looking but being a young mom, I wanted a car that had the sporty look but can pass for a family car as well. So I got the Cobalt! Its a great new car for the price that I got it for.

Basic but Fun
By BP on 02/06/05 20:34 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got a base model Cobalt about 3 weeks ago and despite having nothing on my dealer "Options" form except "Floor Mats," this little ride has proven to be full of surprises. It's a quick four-banger and the standard CD player and roomy interior with folding back seats makes for many funs trips. I do think the seats are a bit stiff (probably to reduce driver fatigue) and the absence of a arm rest between the driver and passenger seats leaves my elbow searching for a place to rest. Otherwise the low sticker price and decent mpg make it a fair deal (currently 23.3 mpg). I find the new electric power stearing a bit sensitive on the expressway but the suspension gives a very smooth ride.

Chevy Cobalt
By chevygirl20 on 02/06/05 01:14 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, I feel so safe driving it! It is so cute and it hardly sounds like the engine is on, it is so quiet!

By JOE on 02/05/05 20:37 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Still new but lots of fun to drive! Quiet interior sound.

Chevrolet Cobal
By ? on 02/04/05 20:23 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Difficult to read the speedometer in the daytime. Would rather forego tach and have speedometer in center. Hard to enter and exit due to slope of windshield. Once inside, the car drives great. Good acceleration and good steering - cornering.

Just Bought this!
By Tracy on 02/03/05 22:42 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I like the way the car handles, not like the Cavalier that I traded. It rides more like a Ford, than a Chevy. The backseat (backrest) is hard, but the seats are fairly comfortable - I would not recommend this for long road trips. The tilt wheel doesn't allow the wheel to go all the way out of the way. The keyless entry is a dream and so are the power windows. I enjoy driving my new car and will recommend it. I rated 9's because it's too new to tell really what is excellent. The information center is nice. 2 Negs:The fuel gauge stops at 3/4 of a tank and you have to manually put more in to fill up. It's one minor annoyance. Also, the automatic lights do not go on when it rains during the day