2005 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Star's Cobalt Review
By Star on 02/13/05 00:07 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great! For a small car, it has a LOT of room. You can actually sit comfortably in the back seat! The sound system is top notch and the mp3 player is an added bonus. This car handles great and has a lot of pickup. If you want a smaller car with room and speed...choose the cobalt.

Great Car
By Hanna on 02/08/05 18:20 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a 4-door sedan type model so I was stuck figuring which one to get: the new Cobalt, Corolla, or Mazda-3. Found out the Corolla was too pricey for even the most basic features and the Mazda-3 was very sporty looking but being a young mom, I wanted a car that had the sporty look but can pass for a family car as well. So I got the Cobalt! Its a great new car for the price that I got it for.

Basic but Fun
By BP on 02/06/05 20:34 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got a base model Cobalt about 3 weeks ago and despite having nothing on my dealer "Options" form except "Floor Mats," this little ride has proven to be full of surprises. It's a quick four-banger and the standard CD player and roomy interior with folding back seats makes for many funs trips. I do think the seats are a bit stiff (probably to reduce driver fatigue) and the absence of a arm rest between the driver and passenger seats leaves my elbow searching for a place to rest. Otherwise the low sticker price and decent mpg make it a fair deal (currently 23.3 mpg). I find the new electric power stearing a bit sensitive on the expressway but the suspension gives a very smooth ride.

Chevy Cobalt
By chevygirl20 on 02/06/05 01:14 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, I feel so safe driving it! It is so cute and it hardly sounds like the engine is on, it is so quiet!

By JOE on 02/05/05 20:37 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Still new but lots of fun to drive! Quiet interior sound.

Chevrolet Cobal
By ? on 02/04/05 20:23 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Difficult to read the speedometer in the daytime. Would rather forego tach and have speedometer in center. Hard to enter and exit due to slope of windshield. Once inside, the car drives great. Good acceleration and good steering - cornering.

Just Bought this!
By Tracy on 02/03/05 22:42 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I like the way the car handles, not like the Cavalier that I traded. It rides more like a Ford, than a Chevy. The backseat (backrest) is hard, but the seats are fairly comfortable - I would not recommend this for long road trips. The tilt wheel doesn't allow the wheel to go all the way out of the way. The keyless entry is a dream and so are the power windows. I enjoy driving my new car and will recommend it. I rated 9's because it's too new to tell really what is excellent. The information center is nice. 2 Negs:The fuel gauge stops at 3/4 of a tank and you have to manually put more in to fill up. It's one minor annoyance. Also, the automatic lights do not go on when it rains during the day

Best car under 20k
By Josh on 02/03/05 20:56 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had my Cobalt one month but the car is really growing on me. I bought it because of an excellent lease option and GM card money. It has more than enough power and gets excellent gas mileage. Judging by the performance of the naturally aspirated 2.2 the SS edition should be a rocket.

I Love My Car
By Jana on 02/01/05 13:52 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

These cars are only a 4cyl.but they can get up and go. I bought my Cobalt and within a week I found myself putting extra mileage on it. I enjoy driving this car, and my childern love it too. They kind of look sporty, but they also have enough room for a family of five. The trunks are huge too.

Chevy Cobalt
By Brent Tuag on 01/24/05 13:03 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

This is one of the cars to drive this year. It has great handling and its supercharger really kick in.