Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Love My Cobalt
By Dee

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I live on Long Island where we have all 4 seasons. I have had no problem driving in rain or snow. I picked up the car in mid February 2005 and the following week we had quite a snow storm. The front wheel drive was great! No more getting stuck at work. I had an 85 Camaro which is rear-wheel and I always had trouble getting out of parking spaces at work--needed a push. And when I could, I would park with the nose out. With the Cobalt, it doesn't matter how I park. Of course it's easier to pull straight out, but so far I have no problem. My husband finally drove the car last week and he was quite surprised. Said the steering was solid--that's a compliment.

Favorite Features

Controls in the steering wheel for the radio and cruise control. A real trunk is a pleasure, after having a hatch in the Camaro.

Suggested Improvements

A bit more leg room in the rear seats would be nice--not everyone has short legs. And the battery in the trunk could be safety issue down the road. I know race cars have them in the rear, but this is a street car (and a race car has a shut off).

Dont listen to those who dont own one
By #1cobaltdriver

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Well let's see, this car is fast! Also it is a great deal as far as bang for the buck. Gas mileage is also a plus if drive like me you will get around 25 mpg but you can get up to 30 mpg. If you're looking for a fast car you need this car. "Sleeper" is a great term to describe this car because there you don't see many and no one really knows what they are capable of doing since they are a new model... so go test drive one and be impressed

Favorite Features

My favorite features of the Cobalt are the fun exhuast, short throw shifter, leather seats, the great acceleration, and the great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

I have a couple of suggestions for this car, one is another overdrive. Six gears would improve cruising RPM's and increase the already great gas mileage. Also I would like less vibrating pieces caused by the subwoofer. Other than these this car is wonderful... check it out!

Cobalt LS Sedan
By Dee Page

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am very impressed with the handling of this car. The car really hugs the road and there isn't any feeling of "losing" the back end in a sharp curve. I get better gas mileage than what is shown on the window sticker. The seats are firm and offer proper support. There is plenty of room and can get all my errands ran in one day. You get a lot of car for the money and is worth every penny.

Favorite Features

I really like the inofrmation center. It lets you know what gas mileage you're getting, oil life left, avg speed, temperature outside and engine coolant temp. The car I had prior to this didn't offer these features.

Suggested Improvements

I wish a center armrest was standard and there was a scan button on the radio.

My Red Cobalt
By RedCobaltLS

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's a good car no problems yet? So far I've got 2800+ miles on it. I hope the next 5 yrs dont bring me pain..Knock on wood. But I'm finding out how hard it was to replace the headlight bulb. I wanted brighter lights and had to take off the whole headlight to gain access to the bulb. But other then that it's a good car.

Favorite Features

The features I like on the car are the read out of mpg, temp, % of your oil, and how a small automatic car can haul the mail. It all seems to work for me.

Suggested Improvements

What I would like to see improved is more storage, Manual dash light on/off The light sensor is great but on foggy/rain days my dash is dark. Fog lights on LS models an brighter headlights

Great Car
By Rick

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, quick pick up, great handling, and I like the look of it, not to mention the gas mileage. A huge step up from my '03 Civic.

Favorite Features

Gas Pedal and Steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

Offer more choices in interior fabrics and colors. Everything else is great!