Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Drive at your own risk
By Moms

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

This is actually my 20 year old daughter's car, and she loves it. But, it does take premium gas, and she drives it like a race car. She has the tickets and high insurance to prove it. So use it with caution. Rally yellow does tend to draw attention of all kinds.

Favorite Features

The front seats are bi-color leather and snugly. It is fast and sporty (even a mom can appreciate that.)

Suggested Improvements

GM needs to make something this spunky that would appeal to the older crowd, i.e.seats that are easier to get in and out of.

Compact Luxury
By CobaltDad

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My daughter drives this car to school - around 40 miles roundtrip. So far she is averaging 30-31 MPG with the trip to school on rural roads and just everyday driving in town-no freeway driving. We are pleasantly surprised considering all the bad press the Colbalt gets in many reviews for its "poor" gas mileage. We have 6942 problem free miles driven and have had only 1 (ridiculously expensive) oil change at the dealership. We are very pleased so far.

Favorite Features

Really impressed with the luxury features such as leather seating, steering wheel radio controls, XM, OnStar, etc. Also excellent acceleration and mileage.

Good concept, poor execution
By Brian

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Poor build quailty! I've had nothing but problems with this car. I bought this over the SRT-4 and regret it. Its been in the shop once a month since I got it.

Favorite Features

Great performance!

Suggested Improvements

Build quality, better paint, better leather quality.

Go and get this car! Now!
By BaltOwner

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I was a Cavalier Z24 owner before this car and this is, in my opinion, the best car that I have ever owned. Its fast, fun to drive, and it has a SuperCharger! I don't see any others on the road so that is a plus as well. I normally drive a lot and when I had the Cavalier, I was very fatigued when I got to my destination. Not in this car, I still am amped up when I get there and I just want to get back out and drive it. Only put in 91+ octane in the tank, anything less and you don't get the performance.

Favorite Features

The SuperCharger of course. The radio, 18in wheels, sunroof, The D.I.C. is pretty cool as well and the rear spoiler. I don't see any others on the road.

Suggested Improvements

More instrument gauges, center arm rest, adjustable height spoiler, and a 15 to 16 gallon fuel tank would be super. Never put in an Navigation system, DVD System, or anything to make it heavier. Less weight = Performance.

Love it
By Cobalt_Angel

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

What can I say..I LOVE IT. The gas mileage is wonderful and it's very reliable as far as dependibilty. I've always been a Chevrolet girl and with gas prices going up here in northern California it helps to have something that last longer on gas