2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Review: 2005 Cobolt

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2005 Cobolt
By Will Freese on

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a 2005 Chevy Cobalt and love driving it. It handles very well around turns and has a deceptive suspension. What I mean by that is that you feel like you are doing 45 mph but really going 70mph. I am usually stuck in rush hour traffic and have the A/C on all the time, but I am getting over 30mpg which is great. The Cobalt has great seats that support your back and lumbar region, which is great if you have a bad back. My only complaint is the large coupe doors are hard to keep open, they want to close even before you are out of the car. Overall it has been a great car, with lots of features for the price.

Favorite Features

The Chevy Cobalt has a large trunk, that can carry a tremendous amount of gear or luggage. Driver & front passenger seat have great lumbar support for drivers with bad backs. Dashboard display shows several displays, from coolant temp, avg. speed, and outside temp. Has plenty of options.

Suggested Improvements

Coupe doors should stay open, they have a knack to want to close even while you are trying to get out. Try to make them lighter. Also trunk is large in size, but the trunk door is small, and you can't fit large objects through the space.