Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged - Consumer Reviews

SS 2.0L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (31 reviews )

You better have that warranty
By Cody

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

steering gear went out, windows vision warped, rotors warped, car interior RATTLES, glove box rattles, exhaust heat shield makes vibrating sounds, steering clunks over dips. Look people this is common for cobalts. I'll be honest, don't buy this car. Great power, and handling but things will break. It's not a maybe. This car isn't a lemon either... this is very common issues. Without the warranty your looking at a big issue. This is a cheaply made car. GM is failing and I don't care because this is what they sell. Go buy a Nissan, don't waste your money for god sake don't make the mistake I did.

Power, Looks Good

Quality. Its not a quality car. I wouldn't suggest it for anyone.

Better than some say
By connin

I bought a 2005 Chevy Cobalt SS supercharged and so far I think it is a good car. I have fun driving it. There is a lot of power up dates that you can buy for them, and it gets better gas mileage than my last car. More power than Cooper

Supercharger, stereo system, air, interior, gas mlieage, power

More power. Anything can have more power

Not without a warranty
By avery

This car I ordered and waited 6 months for it, it didn't disappoint. The power the feel best bang for your buck. However it is built kind of like a home made rocket ship, amazing performance, questionable quality. Build quality should go negative for this car

Supercharger, price, stage kits

Get rid of the giant whale tail spoiler that makes it so you can't see out the back window. Upgrade the quality. And they wonder why GM is in trouble, this thing is as well build as a Lada. Only buy this car if it comes with a bumper to bumper warranty, you will need it

Did not live up to GM standards
By CGrammer

This car is absolutely the funnest car I've driven yet. The major downfall to this vehicle is the amount of times you will be bringing it to the dealer to have it worked on. I have had everything replaced from front struts/control arms all the way to minor trim detail falling off. I've had my manifold sensors replaced because it was causing my car to RPM at 400. That's not even at idle RPM. When you are getting ready to leave for work and your car display reads "ENG PWR LOW," you get kinda ticked off. My car had to be turned off and on seven times before it would idle at 1100 RPM... enough to get it out of my driveway. I would never recommend anyone buying this model car. Maybe the '08 model.

Performance, handling, looks (interior and exterior), steering wheel-set radio controls, trunk space, close ratio shifter, little blind spots

Definitely improve all mechanics involved with the production of this model car. Maybe the 2008 model will be rid of all the bugs/kinks. But I hear that is the last year for the car.

Couldn't Be Happier
By Randy

I really love this car. I am a 55 year-old sports car nut (on a tight budget) and my Cobalt is amazing for what it cost. Always fun to drive, it makes every freeway on/off ramp a blast. I manage to get a smile on my face every time I drive it, even after owning it for 2 years. The stock power levels are great but adding the GM Stage 2 kit really transforms the car into something special. The car is amazing quiet, especially at freeway speeds. Overall it is a well sorted out, balanced car, thank you GM for making this thing! Final thought; I have not had one single problem with this car. Not one squeak or rattle, nothing broken, never back to the dealer. I couldn't be happier.

The supercharged engine has gobs of torque and pulls more like a V8. You don't have to rev the engine to get good acceleration. The handling is amazing, easily controlled, corners like on rails, zero body roll. I get 33.6 MPG at 65 mph! Great gas mileage for such high performance.

I wish the electic power steering was lighter and gave more feedback. The Pirelli P-Zero Rosso tires are terrible for what they cost. They are far too easy to break loose, especially in the wet. Otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing.

• SUV