2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged - Consumer Reviews

SS 2.0L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (31 reviews )
Love my SS
By lovemySS on 07/16/07 19:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

This car is a great all around buy! Gets good mileage, excellent performance for the money. Have only had minor wire harness problem, burnt thru the fuel injector wire, warnt covered. interior is nice, no rattles. I drive 88 miles round trip to work daily, and it's a curvy hilly drive, and I love it. Makes going to work a pleasure. Downside, cramped back seats for anybody other than a child. Rough ride on a rough street. Could use a 6 speed gearbox. Definitely recommend this car

Poor man's Vette
By DARRELL lydick on 07/01/07 07:05 AM (PDT)

It is a fun and affordable car to own and drive, handles, performs, stops very well. It is comfortable to ride in and drive with 3 way adjustable drivers seat leather interior 7 speaker system. The handling, performance, style and cost of this car make this a poor man's Vette.

Must Have Car
By bongo on 06/04/07 17:40 PM (PDT)

The car is great, handling is awsome. Stock tires don't last long but they seem to grip the road very well. Very responsive throttle and the supercharger is the best ever. I would recommend the car to anyone who ask me what I think of it.

Better luck next time
By nomochevy on 04/04/07 14:01 PM (PDT)

I had a 2005 ss/sc and it was a fun car to drive but after having to get the shift knob fixed 5 times and the seats starting to crack from the cheap leather, I went back to Honda a now own a 2007 si sedan and am not looking back. The fit and finish are so much better and it looks like a better built car.

One year mark
By Andy on 09/06/06 13:43 PM (PDT)

I bought the car a little over a year ago, and have enjoyed every second of it. It gets up and goes without breaking a sweat, and the full leather interior is very comfortable. I havn't had one problem, except my sunroof is a bit noisy when it opens and closes. The car is fairly easy to modify, and with the aftermarket starting to pick up for them, there should be more and more running in the 13's.

Drive at your own risk
By Moms on 03/25/06 15:50 PM (PST)

This is actually my 20 year old daughter's car, and she loves it. But, it does take premium gas, and she drives it like a race car. She has the tickets and high insurance to prove it. So use it with caution. Rally yellow does tend to draw attention of all kinds.

Good concept, poor execution
By Brian on 03/17/06 13:03 PM (PST)

Poor build quailty! I've had nothing but problems with this car. I bought this over the SRT-4 and regret it. Its been in the shop once a month since I got it.

Go and get this car! Now!
By BaltOwner on 02/22/06 09:09 AM (PST)

I was a Cavalier Z24 owner before this car and this is, in my opinion, the best car that I have ever owned. Its fast, fun to drive, and it has a SuperCharger! I don't see any others on the road so that is a plus as well. I normally drive a lot and when I had the Cavalier, I was very fatigued when I got to my destination. Not in this car, I still am amped up when I get there and I just want to get back out and drive it. Only put in 91+ octane in the tank, anything less and you don't get the performance.

Dont listen to those who dont own one
By #1cobaltdriver on 01/06/06 14:55 PM (PST)

Well let's see, this car is fast! Also it is a great deal as far as bang for the buck. Gas mileage is also a plus if drive like me you will get around 25 mpg but you can get up to 30 mpg. If you're looking for a fast car you need this car. "Sleeper" is a great term to describe this car because there you don't see many and no one really knows what they are capable of doing since they are a new model... so go test drive one and be impressed

Chevy Tech./Owner point of view
By NJBLUESS on 12/16/05 21:54 PM (PST)

Very suprised by the cars capabilaties from the first test drive. Power is consistant (no dead spots/lag), but really loves rpms in the 4k+ range. Handling, this car will corner with confidence, there is very little understeer,if any. Response is crisp and accurate to quick manuavers. The G85/performance package is a must for the spirited driver.The LSD pulles the car through corners under accelleration.The Racero seats are snug fitting and keep you in position in turns,so larger people have complained of discomfort.I have driven all the styles of Cobalts and can say there is no comparison to the SS/SC w/G85. For reliability, I've seen very few problems at my shop. Nothing unusual.