Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Cute
By Denise

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My driving experience with the Chevy Cobalt is that it does drive smooth and it has some speed. The brakes are good. All it takes is a tap on the brakes. The heating system is good. I burn less heat and oil. The windows fog up easily.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the style of the car and the color. I like the way the body of the car looks The appearance is nice.

Suggested Improvements

It should be more than one CD player.

Better than a Cavalier
By Chevy Always

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So far so good, this car is alot of fun. I have had only one problem so far as a high pressure switch went out on my air conditioning. It was gratefully worked on and fixed. There were a couple of recalls that I had to take of, but hey, for the price, no problem. I would recommend this car to anyone. I'm only mad that I didn't get the higher performance engine.

Favorite Features

I like the low profile tires.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders are in a poor place. It is a little snug for five passengers.

Love My Cobalt
By Dee

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I live on Long Island where we have all 4 seasons. I have had no problem driving in rain or snow. I picked up the car in mid February 2005 and the following week we had quite a snow storm. The front wheel drive was great! No more getting stuck at work. I had an 85 Camaro which is rear-wheel and I always had trouble getting out of parking spaces at work--needed a push. And when I could, I would park with the nose out. With the Cobalt, it doesn't matter how I park. Of course it's easier to pull straight out, but so far I have no problem. My husband finally drove the car last week and he was quite surprised. Said the steering was solid--that's a compliment.

Favorite Features

Controls in the steering wheel for the radio and cruise control. A real trunk is a pleasure, after having a hatch in the Camaro.

Suggested Improvements

A bit more leg room in the rear seats would be nice--not everyone has short legs. And the battery in the trunk could be safety issue down the road. I know race cars have them in the rear, but this is a street car (and a race car has a shut off).

Cobalt LS Sedan
By Dee Page

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am very impressed with the handling of this car. The car really hugs the road and there isn't any feeling of "losing" the back end in a sharp curve. I get better gas mileage than what is shown on the window sticker. The seats are firm and offer proper support. There is plenty of room and can get all my errands ran in one day. You get a lot of car for the money and is worth every penny.

Favorite Features

I really like the inofrmation center. It lets you know what gas mileage you're getting, oil life left, avg speed, temperature outside and engine coolant temp. The car I had prior to this didn't offer these features.

Suggested Improvements

I wish a center armrest was standard and there was a scan button on the radio.

My Red Cobalt
By RedCobaltLS

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's a good car no problems yet? So far I've got 2800+ miles on it. I hope the next 5 yrs dont bring me pain..Knock on wood. But I'm finding out how hard it was to replace the headlight bulb. I wanted brighter lights and had to take off the whole headlight to gain access to the bulb. But other then that it's a good car.

Favorite Features

The features I like on the car are the read out of mpg, temp, % of your oil, and how a small automatic car can haul the mail. It all seems to work for me.

Suggested Improvements

What I would like to see improved is more storage, Manual dash light on/off The light sensor is great but on foggy/rain days my dash is dark. Fog lights on LS models an brighter headlights