Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

'05 Pocket Rocket
By geebsz

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a wonderful car for me. I'm a bit of a spirited driver, and this little car with the upgraded suspension and wheels makes it a trip to drive. I've added a Magnaflow catback exhaust and a K&N filter, but even before that the car was great. Going from a Tahoe to this was a treat in the gas mileage department too. With as many miles as I've put into it and as hard as I've driven it, it's done very well. Some things to watch for: The shifter may have to be replaced to fix the problem of getting the key out when putting it in park. The passenger rear quarter window seal leaks. The sunroof switch bezel fell off. All of these things are easy fixes for the local dealership.

Cruise control. XM radio. Airbags. Latch system for car seats! Cool blue paint.

OnStar standard would be nice. Mine doesn't have it and I wish it did, Just In case.

Great for the money
By Greg A

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Compared it to the Cavilier, Malibu, Focus, and Aveo. Drives as nice as the Malibu for the money of the Focus. I use to have a '99 Prizm, and (so far) the Cobalt is holding up as well. It handles decent, gets good mileage (25.5 mix HWY/CITY), and is a very quiet ride compared to others of this size/price. I can get A-Plan on the Ford products, but still chose the Chevy. This is not a redesigned Cavilier! Much nicer. No rattles and no squeaks after 36K miles!

Remotes, CD. Great feel to the steering. Its magnetic assist with no power steering pump.

OE tires only lasted 28K miles and were disapointing. Base sedan does not have an armrest. More power would be nice

Fun little car to drive
By Jimbo

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Downsizing from a '97 Caravan was an adjustment, but so far, I have been happy with the car. Only hiccup so far has been a muffler that ran hot, but the dealer fixed, no problem. The car is fun to drive. I love the overall feel of the car. It is also very quiet inside. I find myself checking the tach to make sure the engine is still running.The gas mileage has been better than I expected. The interior layout is pretty good. The standard radio is very impressive for stock issue. The stock Continental tires are OK, but there are much better out there. Shop around.

Radio, quietness of car. Trunk struts don't intrude into trunk space. Driver Information Center

Arm rest, cup holders, trunk opening a little small, better tires

Fun Car
By michelle81886

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had it for a year and I totally love it! I have a few friends that also have Cobalts, and they love their cars also. It's a fun car to drive, and I would tell anyone to buy one!

Stereo controls on steering wheel

More lights! There is no light in the back of the car.

Junk
By Cathy McCort

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Watch out! You get a warranty and they refuse to cover the warranty. This car has a suspension problem that they will not acknowledge. In 6 mo we had to put on new tires and 1 year later we are on our 2 nd set of tires. The passenger side doors have slipped they hit each other. If the back door is open you can't open the front door. They claim we are responsible for this problem because of the mileage. we have been fighting with the car dealership and GMAC. We do not recommend this vehicle to any one. We do let people know in public when they inquire about the vehicle not to get one. I thought it would be a great family and economy car.

Gas mileage.

If you have a warranty stand by it. Admit there is a default in your product and stand behind what you sell.

• SUV