2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews 10

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
My Best Car
By Sheryl White on 06/29/05 14:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have never driven a better vehicle. It is easy to handle and takes curves great. It looks fantastic and makes me feel young again. The intel center provides great information, especially the oil sensor. No more need for sticker reminders on my windsheild.

Nicest car I owned so far.
By Anne Pennock on 06/29/05 13:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great step up from the Cavalier, I owned a 1999 and a 2001- I like them but this is really a much better car. Feels solid, rides well even over our bad roads. Very comfortable seating. Probably the best car I've owned considering my low end price range.

Best Investment
By SassyGem on 06/21/05 16:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first brand new car, and after years of driving hand me downs and discards, I love this car. I travel with my 100lb. dog and it has ample room for us both. That's why I chose the sedan over the coupe. With XM Satellite radio, I couldn't believe I wasn't in heaven. While it uses a little more gas than I'm used to (I drove a Honda for years and they're gas misers), it's not bad for an American car. I average about 26 mpg. During a recent road trip to VA beach from NY- I filled up once and it took me down with gas to spare! I am very pleased! My boyfriend loves the stereo system that came in the car.

A world-class small car from GM
By Ed on 06/14/05 15:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My Cobalt is light years better than the Saturn ION it replaced. Interior material quality and fit and finish is up there with the best from Japan, and performance is like that of a European car. It's the best of all worlds.

Love it!
By Ali on 06/11/05 07:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Having two small children, I did my research and decided on the Cobalt. I was very surprised at the roominess the back seat had. Most sedans I looked at had little if any room in the back. The 4 cylinder engine surprised me with its quickness. It handles & rides great. Gas mileage is awesome. I went from having to fill the tank 3 times a week with my SUV to only once a week with the Cobalt. The standard options were enough for me. However the car did come with a few extra’s including anti-lock breaks. For an inexpensive car it has an expensive look. While at work I get at least one person a day, if not more, wanting to look at the car and asking questions about it. Chevy did an awesome job.

2005 Cobalt LS Rocks!
By Jordan on 06/10/05 21:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it new, and I'm amazed at the craftsmanship and overall quietness of the car. Doors and panels have a solid feel to them, They are well-designed, totally unexpected. Mileage is on par with my previously owned Corolla, even though the Cobalt has a bigger engine and more power options. I'm very pleased.

2005 Chevy Cobalt LT
By FloridaKusa on 06/10/05 05:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is a very dependable car with a smooth ride. It has stylish features and comes with a nice selection of features.

I don't think I would buy this car again
By Mark on 06/08/05 12:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

One of the reasons I bought this car is because of the great rebates, but I don't think it's in the same class as an $18,000 Honda or Toyota. I think this may have been a great marketing plan by GM. There are definite engineering flaws with this vehicle, such as the cup holders being too close to the heating controls. The back glass in the back doors doesn't fit securely, allowing a wind noise. The back window has a channel on top that will be a problem with water build up. Rust on the screws that hold the gas filling tube. I have had my car into the dealership 6 times this month for service and the problem of wind noise still exists. My last mileage figure was 20.5mpg I wonder if the rebate will ever go away

Chevy Cobalt A Winner
By Mike on 06/04/05 07:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car has features that that were previously found in more expensive vehicles, i.e., electronic steering, digital readouts on the dash (fuel economy, outside temperature, etc.) It's a fun car to drive and gets a lot of looks. I drive 90 miles to work and back each day through stop and go traffic and still get 28mpg. I think GM did their homework on this one and I think they have a winner on their hands.

Great Sporty Car
By Cie1416 on 05/27/05 10:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great low priced car for new drivers and old alike. I love the sporty feel and the surprising power of this vehicle. I took it from NJ to NC and it was excellent on gas. The OnStar feature is great and I suggest you upgrade to the directions and connections. Thank you GM for an affordable and reliable new car! Its so fun to drive