Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Chevy failed again
By ncx35

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Not the worst car I've ever owned. Decent on gas, cheap plastic interior, cheap everything, minimal features, has been in the shop for major repairs 4 or 5 times in the 4 years I've had it, I just got it fixed the other day and the stupid check engine light is back. Rides rough, shakes and rattles when coming to a stop, rough idle, slower than a bicycle, less than great gas mileage for a 2.2 liter four cylinder engine. This will be my last American car, ever.

none.

crappy build quality, lacks power and features, all around lame car.

The Best Of All My Rides
By shepardj22000

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2005 Cobalt. It rides like a sports car, looks like a sports car, feels like a sports car, but doesn't cost as much as a high performance sports car. Mine is the Rally Yellow with cloth interior, but has the interior color as the outside body. I love my Cobalt so much, I even gave it a name, Bad Betty! With the price, handling, reliability, and style, the Cobalt is an excellent choice for and everyday vehicle. I can't wait to wake up in the morning, and drive mine everyday!

Color, Handling, Style, Speed

A bigger fuel tank would be nice.

Best car I have ever owned
By Sandra Wyatt

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car new in 2005. The primary driver is my son who is now 22. Other than regular maintenance (oil changes, fuel filter replacement, etc) the car has not required anything except new front rotors. It now has 115,000 miles on it and runs as good as the day I purchased it. It gets 28 to 32 mpg. My son has also wrecked it 3 times. Two were serious accidents and he did not get hurt in either. The most recent wreck was in March of this year when he was hit by a Semi truck. The car is currently being repaired from this wreck. I couldn't ask for a more reliable and safe vehicle. My mother recently purchased a 2009 and said she will never own another Ford again.

Very dependable and safe. I never worry that it will not start even on the coldest days in the winter. Have never had a problem with it.

The interior could be a little nicer. But it has handled all of the abuse from my son and is still in good condition. Other than that you can't improve on perfection.

worst car
By danny olsen

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my cobalt last year and ever since i have had problems with it i had to replace the radio twice cause it always said (lock or error) the power steering went out the ac started licking the bolt joint on both front wheel broke of there is still a knocking sound in both front wheel and i had a recall last week about it but the warranty is over now. That is for sure the last time i will purchase a GM product. IN SHORT STAY AWAY FROM THAT CAR. WORST CAR EVER.

comfortable

everything

Problematic
By 05 Chevy Cobalt

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The many problems I have had include the car cutting completely off while I was driving, cd player locks or says error, the embellem in the back looks like it is melting, the door handles on the inside have peeled off & is sharp, there is a knocking sound in the back (very scary esp being a woman), my mirrors show different views of the car behind me (the one that says closer than they appear is actually farther away), the back seat release in the trunk broke off, piece of the seatbelt that attaches to the car broke off, etc. there are many more but i'm running out of characters! All in all the car runs and I am thankful but many problems

The gas mileage and the overall look of the car

Everything that I have suggested should be improved