Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Proud owner of 2005 Rally Yellow SS/SC Cobalt
By jason2012

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I dont know what the hell you people are talking about, i guess u dont know how to take care of a car. MY COBALT was bought in july 2005, only issue i ever had with it was my 2 gear, gearbox, BECAUSE i was petal to the metal, of course it was under warranty at the time and was fix beautiful. another thing, nothing big was the molding around the sunroof button, came off when racing a crxgsr turbo LOL, was fix and never came off. Thats About it RIGHT NOW i got 140k miles on it and it runs PerfecT! I sugguest u people learn how to warm up ur car and maintain it well. sounds to me u are a bunch of retards. BTW this is GM expect Speed not Need lmao. GREAT car its Paid Off And WIll be kept!!

LOVE the power it came with, When i first came out in the road everyone wanna a piece of the Cobalt. You will get Many looks, especially if u can hook up the car like i did. THe insdie two tune leather is AWESUME, my is rally yellow so inside i had Blk N Yellow hah. The spoiler is awesume as well, comes with a boost gauge, nice body style

Spoiler view not as great, its GM, they need to improve in the interior dept but they did a good job in this car.

Worst car Ive ever owned hands down!
By dawgscj7

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

First off let me say that I have owned alot of cars like these, low end to mid range performance cars. Second off almost all these cars were forced induction cars. I bought this car with 60k miles on it, it currently has 91k on it. I have had it two years and Ive had to replace the transmission, clutch 2x, alternator, battery, plugs 3x, front ball joints. The car is always down during the time ive owned it, it has not run more than 90 days at any given time. The engine and trans are all saab and terribly designed and horrible to work on. the entire car was hastily manufactured with mediocre materials. the fit and finish of the entire are is horrible. 93 oct gas and full syn oil, why?terrible

Love the car even thou I had many prob's
By CobaltSSgurl

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I was like others & waited patiently for the dealership to get one of these cars in. This was the car I wanted to own!! I loved everything about this car until it hit 13k miles, the engine light continued to come on & off until I traded it a couple of weeks ago with 97k miles. It was a sad day because I had finally got all the kinks out of the car, but I was worried about the supercharger going next. No telling how much that was going to set me back. I thought just because this was a 4 cylinder car that it would be cheap to maintain, but I was wrong. Premium gas only & oil changes are anywhere from $75 - $85 a pop, synthetic oil only. The boost gauge also went out around 20k miles.

Hot, sexy, fast car!!! When you need to pass someone, you can in 5th gear & only apply a little pressure to the gas. This car is a silent predator :)

I have no other improvements other than to find out why the engine light constantly stays on, why your brake light will flash as you are going down the road, the weird knocking that comes from the back side panel of the passenger side & take the silver plates on the doors & replace them with black.

What else can go wrong?
By reallybadcar

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I have had the most trouble with this car, i bought it with 2k miles. Then everything started going wrong. The windows motors stopped at 3k. The steering column had locked up and needed to be replaced, at 12k. At 24k miles, a horrible knocking sound started up, the dealership, said the 2 front struts were faulty, the manifold had a leak in it and needed to be replaced, and the wheel bearings in the front dif were faulty, and of course the supercharger was faulty and was replaced. Cant forget the boost gauge meter went out and needed to be replaced at 8k miles. And now the big pool of water that comes from the leaking ac unit, this is my new fun thing to get fixed, but now its out of warranty

The sound system is nice for sure, the leather isn't the best but looks really nice. I honestly like the car, it is fun to drive, nice and fast, but im not much of the speeder type, so really its more trouble then its worth.

Make a better parts for the car!!! the lighting is crap wont be finding anything in the backseat at night. The rotors are crap, worthless at 8k miles, warped and torn up.

Cobalt supercharged
By ladybug1701

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I loved this car when I first got it 5 yrs. Ago. Now I hate it the sunroof is messing up. I have had to replace 2nd gear already and that was at 50,000 miles. Now the transmission is going out and that is at 52,284 miles. Also my abs light is coming on and a mechanic informed me that it was my body control module, and there are 17 bcm's on the car. The speakers have static. The glove box makes a noise. Also something in the door rattles. Plus to top it off it has a Saab transmission so you can no longer get parts without a huge hassle. It took me 3 weeks to get parts and that was before gm did away with Saab. Do not buy this car!

The power

Find a better way to improve the motor and tranny.