Used 2005 Chevrolet Classic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Classic - Consumer Reviews

Fleet 2.2L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (31 reviews )

Wish I never owned it.
By charleym3

2005 Chevrolet Classic Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and son drive this car. The carpeting is too short on both sides, tacky. After 55000 miles I've had to change the master cylinder, rotors once pads twice and one caliper. One of the sway bars is broken. The anti-theft system malfunctioned and cost $450 to repair. I hate this car. After the sway bar is fixed, its up for sale. It is fun to drive.

It is fun to drive and gets good mileage, 27-28 in town.

Anti-theft system is prone to failure and has. The entire braking system need way too much maintenance.

Good/bad car
By sgable

2005 Chevrolet Classic Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2006 with 30k miles. I had very bad credit at the time, and totally overpaid for this car. The Bad: The things Ive had to replace on this car is the front breaks, tires, heater setting plate, and the module box, so about $2,000 in cost. The carpet it cut too short on both passenger/drivers side but I was able to super glue them down. Sometimes if it rains A LOT then I have a leak on the passenger side. The Good: Overall, Ive had this car for 5 years and it still pretty much runs the same as when I bought it. I don't drive that much daily (only about 10 miles) but when I do have to take a long trip it gets great millage and is a comfortable ride.

The comfort and for the most part the reliability. This would be a great starter car.

Better sealing process, carpet needs to be better quality.

NIce car for singles or couples good mileage!
By kailash

2005 Chevrolet Classic Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for for over 5yrs now it has 83k on it, i have hit the road , from east to west and all the way to canada , I haven't felt a bit of fear in my mind that it would ever break down on me on the high way, it always sid its the mailu's way. I recently got the rotor and break pads fixed, this is after 83k miles on it, i get regular maintenence on it oil change and car washes do help, I got the transmissions fluids changed after 70k and runs like a tiger , i feel 120k will be a breeze for this car, i love and its not a cop magnet . so , u can drive with no fear.

road grip and trunk space and simple looks.

fix interior road noise, gets too lound over 70mph.

Another GM Failure
By Charlie

2005 Chevrolet Classic Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Clunky to drive, lousy gas mileage for the size (lucky to get 22 mpg), power windows starting to slow up at only 5 yrs old, and saving the worst for last: the Passlock system causes the car NOT TO START AT ALL. Google it if you don't know about it. Very unsafe, very unreliable. Has left my husband stranded and late for work many times. GM won't offer a recall even though they know this is common and their fault entirely. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR.

None. This car is nothing but a headache. Can't even sell it, stuck with the payments and the car. GM awful.

Get rid of the Passlock system.

Everyone needs to understand
By jd

2005 Chevrolet Classic Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

in 2004 and 2005 the classic was a rental car built by gmc. So they were not used gently. There will be things you have to fix. If your check engine light comes on it is usually a bad egr valve. I bought this car to get me by til my lawsuit against auto nation is done. general motors does not care about customers and this will be my last general motors car