2005 Chevrolet Classic Consumer Reviews 2

2005 Chevrolet Classic - Consumer Reviews

Fleet 2.2L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (30 reviews )
Have had very good experience
By james palmerini on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Classic Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I haven't had any problem with any break down. I have preformed all maintenance required. I have no complaints. I have to sell because I can't drive anymore due to health reasons. The vehicle has never been in an accident no mechanical problem.

Good value grocery getter
By Mr. Wall on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Classic Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned my Classic for 2 years now and put 25k miles on it. Averages 26- 30 mpg combined city/hwy driving, 32 mpg on road trips with two adults and luggage. For only $6900 it has been a great car. No mechanical issues. Has a huge trunk and plenty of interior space. The dealer I bought from had a 2001 Corolla with over 100k miles for the same price. I'm glad I went with the newer, lower mileage Chevy. The Ecotec has been very reliable. Looking forward to putting another 100k miles on this.

Great Car
By D Jackson on 05/26/10 13:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Classic Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my car for almost six years now and I'm still enjoying it. It drives as good as it did when I first bought it.

Owned a short time so far so good
By richard on 04/20/10 03:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Classic Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I had just bought this car this year 2010. My old car had taken a crap on me. I went to a dealer ship. With all my bad credit i was lucky to get this car. It had 67,000 miles on it. The car was taken very good care of. No dents or damage to the body. The interior was still in good shape. The car drive nice. It have a lot of room inside. Like the trunk size. I did notice that the front end was squeaking allot. But nothing else to complain about yet.

Basic, reliable transportation
By TC on 04/03/10 19:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Classic Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Sure, the car is plain and blends in with the crowd. But it's been super-reliable and great on gas. That's all I ask out of a daily driver, commuter vehicle. Bought with 30,000 miles on it, and just turned over 100,000 today. The only major problem I've had so far is some electrical thing with the fuel pump that was fixed under warranty. The factory CD player quit some time ago, but was easy to replace myself. I also had the problem with the carpet on the driver's side cut too short, causing it to pull away from the trim. It's also worn through where my left foot rests when I'm driving. All in all, nearly the perfect car for getting me to work and back every day and around town.

Why does the check engine light come on
By schaeffer on 02/02/10 07:09 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Classic Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I had bought a 2005 Chevy classic, limited edition. My check engine light will come on. I'll have it checked. Then a few weeks later the light returns. The car is great on gas. She does not like the winter. I can't get heat ever, no matter how long the car runs for. When I have the knob turned to off, I still feel air coming out. I wouldn't buy this car for a family member For the body smooches like a marshmallow. I do love Chevy's I just wish they would work on the radiator system a little more.

The Good and the Bad
By Paul on 09/17/09 08:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Classic Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

The 2.2 L Ecotec is a great little engine, gas mileage is great, and it has plenty of power. However, they didn't do as well designing the rest of the vehicle. I've replaced both front wheel bearings, the right side is going out again. GM cars are notorious for wheel bearing failure. Goes through front brakes and rotors quickly also. The interior quality has problems, air vents are cheap and break easy, along with the plastic on the seat belt latches. Doors and trunk don't close easily either, usually takes 2 or 3 trys to close the trunk.

Pleasantly Surprised
By David on 08/06/09 08:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Classic Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

2/08 w/46500 mi I paid around $8500. The int was in VG cond and the ext was near perfect. The only problems I've had was a squeak at the sway bar bushings (I fixed with dry graphite lube) and right now the Ck Eng light has come on two days ago. I will be getting that checked next week. I've had no other problems (hence "Pleasantly Surprised). At 51k mi I had the trans flushed and at 53K I switched to synthetic oil. I chg oil at 5k (w/filter chg at 3k). The oil filter sits near the right top of the block and no oil is lost when changing the filter element. I average 25mpg (city/hwy) overall. Highway driving at 65-70mph gets me 30mpg. IMHO the ecotec is the best 4 cyl GM has ever made.

undependable car
By Amy on 06/29/09 09:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Classic Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This car has given me nothing but headaches, last summer had to replace the face plate on the a/c because it wasn't connecting to the power source to make it run.... many electronic problems,, from what I've heard is a result of a bad anti theft system and poor sealing. When it rains I have 2 inches of water in the drivers side floor board. Sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesn't,, sometimes radio works sometimes it doesn't! I hate this car!

Good utilitarian car
By Dennis Durfee on 02/10/09 19:32 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Classic Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is our second one. Wife rolled the 1st down the side of the mountain and all three ladies crawled out the window uninjured. It handled great until she hit the unexpected snow storm. She loved the car, purchases for $10K with 33K miles in '06. The 2nd one was $8K with 44K miles. We did not like it as well until we had the front brakes, pad and rotors, replaced for $450. We like it now. It is economical, reliable, and comfortable; a great middle-aged woman's car. I'd buy another one if she wrecked this one, too.